Sensata Sensor Technology for HVAC
Integration of electronics into automobiles has played a crucial role in the improvement of safety and comfort in road transportation. Sensors in the HVAC systems measure parameters, such as gas or humidity concentration and pressure, and convert them into electronic signals. Sensata, a leading automotive sensors manufacturer, develops sensors for engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, air conditioners, and other systems. The company has developed a sensor that is capable of changing the pressure, by reversing the curvature when critical pressures are reached. The monometallic pressure switch has discs made of stainless steel that provide long-life and durability. When the pressure reaches a certain point, the discs in the switch trip and cut off the power supply to the AC system. This technology helps to provide safety against high-pressure conditions, cut off AC systems in case of any leaks, and control the functioning of AC fan and compressor.
These innovations and advancements have contributed to the growth of the global automotive HVAC market during the forecast period.
Future of HVAC
The future of HVAC is expected to witness significant developments that also include, electronics and compressor designs. DuPont has also developed a new technology in HVAC that helps in eliminating the temperature-related issues in vehicles, due to light-weight engine cooling systems. The concern over refrigerant leakages into the atmosphere, which causes hazardous environmental effects, has prompted innovations for countering these leakages, which reduces the emissions. Passenger cars currently use the R134a refrigerant that has no chlorine in it. The European Union (EU) has published a few guidelines for manufacturing HVAC systems, which has helped in reducing global warming. Several concepts are in the testing phase, ranging from improved variants of refrigerants to the completely redesigned AC system using the R744/CO2, which would feature additional cooling and heating performance, thus, improving the fuel efficiency.
Key Developments in the Market:
- March 2018: Mercedes Benz showcased its 2019 A-class with voice-controlled HVAC.
- February 2018: Alltemp announced a positive preliminary independent automotive air conditioning trial.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- A study on the adoption of newer technologies and their effects on the global automotive HVAC industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The type of HVAC that is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- The region that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Scope of the Market
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview and Trends
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Automotive HVAC Market, Segmented by Type
5.1 Automatic HVAC
5.2 Manual HVAC
6. Global Automotive HVAC Market, Segmented by Vehicle Type
6.1 Passenger Vehicles
6.2 Commercial Vehicles
7. Global Automotive HVAC Market, Segmented by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.4 Rest of North America
7.2 South America
7.2.3 Rest of South America
7.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4.1 United Kingdom
7.4.4 Rest of Europe
7.5 Middle East & Africa
7.5.1 United Arab Emirates
7.5.2 South Africa
7.5.3 Saudi Arabia
7.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Developments of Key Players
9. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, and Strategies)
9.1 Valeo Group
9.2 Denso Corporation
9.3 Mahle Group
9.4 Calsonic Kansei Corporation
9.5 Sanden Thailand Co. Ltd
9.6 Keihin Corporation
9.7 Japan Climate Systems Corporation
9.8 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
9.9 Hanon Systems Corporation
9.10 Omega Environmental Technologies
9.11 TransAir Manufacturing
9.12 Johnson Electric Holdings Ltd
10. Outlook of the Market
- Valeo Group
- Denso Corporation
- Mahle Group
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation
- Sanden Thailand Co. Ltd
- Keihin Corporation
- Japan Climate Systems Corporation
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
- Hanon Systems Corporation
- Omega Environmental Technologies
- TransAir Manufacturing
- Johnson Electric Holdings Ltd