Increased Near-to-Eye Application Driving the Demand
The adoption of near-to-eye applications has increased in the market, with the adoption of VR/AR and augmented reality in applications, such as computer-based games, mobile games, etc. Even the videos available on the internet are allowing these features to offer an experience of the big screen to every user. The improvements in technology to develop and overcome certain limitations have also helped manufacturers to market, which was not feasible earlier.
Consumer Electronics is One of the Segments with Significant Opportunities
The evolution of digital camera has significantly helped the microdisplay market to innovate and evolve. The OLED microdisplay market has also benefitted from these developments. The demand from customers for a display with clear image, wide view angle, and to overcome limitations, have enabled OLED microdisplays to capture the market. Sony, a leading manufacturer of OLED microdisplay, has used and developed the product in their digital cameras. The scope of the product usage is high, with the microdisplay being developed in various standard sizes and ongoing research for the development of stretched display. The substitutes of OLED microdisplay have various applications in Pico projectors, where OLED are still in the nascent phase of usage, due to application-related issues.
The US Accounts for the Largest Share in North America
Due to the overall demand for OLED microdisplays for various application segments, the US has been at the core of evolution. The demand for the medical, defense, automobile, consumer electronics, and automotive segments has been high, given the better end-user experience offered by these products. The purchasing power of customers has also allowed better market penetration of microdisplays with OLED, as compared to LCoS.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017 - Display manufacturer Kopin, in partnership with a Chinese company GoerTek, announced a new reference VR headset design that is one of the smallest of its kind. It integrates the firm’s ‘Lightning’ OLED microdisplay panels, sporting a substantial 2K x 2K resolution.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global OLED microdisplay market outlook.
- The performance of various segments of the market.
- Analyzing different perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segments and sub-segments that are expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness expedited growth during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 High Resolution and Excellent Picture Quality
4.1.2 Low Power Consumption
4.1.3 Increasing Number of Near-to-Eye (NTE) Applications
4.1.4 Compact Size of Microdisplay
4.2.1 Luminance and Lifetime Specifically under High-temperature Conditions
4.2.2 Protection of OLED Layers Against Oxygen and Water Vapor
4.2.3 High Cost Compared to Other Microdisplays
5. Global OLED Microdisplay Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Near-to-Eye (NTE)
5.1.3 Others (Adaptive Optics, Communication)
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Consumer Electronics (Camera EVFs)
5.2.5 Military & Defense
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Dresden Microdisplay GmbH
6.2 eMagin Inc.
6.3 Kopin Corporation
6.5 Raystar Optronics Inc.
6.6 Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
6.7 Winstar Display Co. Ltd.
6.8 WiseChip Semiconductor Inc.
6.9 Yunnan Olightek Opto-Electronic Technology Co. Ltd
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.2 Investor Outlook
- Dresden Microdisplay GmbH
- eMagin Inc.
- Kopin Corporation
- Raystar Optronics Inc.
- Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
- Winstar Display Co. Ltd
- WiseChip Semiconductor Inc.
- Yunnan OLiGHTEK Opto-Electronic Technology Co. Ltd