The photomask market is highly competitive and is characterized by rapid technological changes, evolving standards, and high manufacturing costs. The continuous decrease in the feature size of semiconductor ICs has increased the complexity of photomasks.
Demand for Wireless Computing Devices
Technological advancements and increasing disposable income of the population are expected to influence the demand for computing devices. The increasing application of computing devices from retailers of the healthcare sector is enabling the vendors of computing devices to provide multi-featured, cost-effective devices to address the clients’ purpose. The demand for small-sized gadgets has resulted in the need for more functionalities from a single device, where an IC chip will have to accommodate transistors to support more functionalities
Asia-Pacific Occupies a Significant Market Share
Due to the significant demand for semiconductor components, particularly integrated chips, China is a major revenue generating country. South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan are the three other major countries in the region. With the increased domestic production of ICs, photomasks, which form an integral part of ICs, are also expected to witness increased demand. The presence of major electronic device manufacturers, such as Haier, Huawei, Lenovo, LG Electronics, Samsung, and Sony in Asia-Pacific, is also expected to impact the market’s growth during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - KLA-Tencor Corporation and Orbotech Ltd entered an agreement pursuant to which KLA-Tencor will acquire Orbotech to significantly diversify KLA-Tencor Corporation revenue base. The agreement sets out to address the market opportunity in the high-growth printed circuit board, flat panel display, packaging, and semiconductor manufacturing areas.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Impact of the growing consumer electronics industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Growth of various trade types, such as captive and merchant.
- Regional analysis of the market studied.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst supports along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increasing demand for innovative solutions
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 High procurement costs
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Laser Photomask Market Segmentation
5.1 By Trade Type
5.2 By Photomask Type
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 KLA-Tencor Corporation
6.2 Applied Materials, Inc.
6.3 Photronics, Inc.
6.4 Nippon Filcon Co.Ltd
6.5 Lasertec Corporation
6.6 Toppan Printing Co. Ltd
6.7 SK-Electronics Co. Ltd
6.8 Hoya Corporation
6.9 LG Innotek Co. Ltd
6.10 Taiwan Mask Corporation
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Global Laser Photomask Market
- KLA-Tencor Corporation
- Applied Materials Inc.
- Photronics Inc.
- Nippon Filcon Co. Ltd
- Lasertec Corporation
- Toppan Printing Co. Ltd
- SK-Electronics Co. Ltd
- Hoya Corporation
- LG Innotek Co. Ltd
- Taiwan Mask Corporation