Manufacturers are increasingly adopting outsourcing services, like design and engineering, to reduce costs and improve flexibility considerably. To streamline several production processes, companies have increased their R & D investments and various other strategic initiatives. Also, due to challenges with in-house production, companies are outsourcing to save cost. Electronic contract design & engineering services are expected to witness high growth across non-technical segments, such as medical, aerospace & defense, and automotive, due to low penetration rates and significant growth opportunities. The growing need to optimize the resources is a major factor impacting the growth of electronic contract design & engineering services market over the forecast period.
Automotive Sector Holds a Significant Market Share
The upsurge in demand for electrical vehicles has increased the need to outsource their electronic component manufacturing, thereby spurring the EMS market demand in the automotive sector. Connected car and vehicle infotainment system features are at the forefront, enhancing the need for increasingly-complex software-driven functionality.
Asia-Pacific to Hold the Major Market Share
Asia-Pacific occupies a significant market share majorly due to the demand from countries, like China and India. China has transformed into a major source of electronics production. The low-cost labor and availability of raw materials are some of the factors influencing electronic design & engineering services in this region.
Major Players : ALTADOX, INC., BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS, INC., CELESTICA, INC., CAL-COMP ELECTRONICS (THAILAND) PCL, CREATION TECHNOLOGIES LP, HON HAI PRECISION INDUSTRY CO. LTD, (FOXCONN), JABIL CIRCUIT, INC., PLEXUS CORPORATION, SANMINA-SCI CORPORATION, UNIVERSAL SCIENTIFIC INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD, amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Benchmark opened its third facility in Penang, continuing the expansion of its Precision Technologies Group in Malaysia.
- Impact of growing application in the automotive industry
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Growth across various end users, such as automotive, industrial, and healthcare
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Need for Resource Optimization
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.2.1 High costs involved in deployement
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Electronic Contract Design & Engineering Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type of Activity
5.1.1 Device Programming Services
5.1.2 IC Packaging Services
5.1.3 PCB Design and Layout Services
5.2 By Application
5.2.4 IT & telecom
5.2.5 Consumer Electronics
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest Of Europe
5.3.4 Rest of the World
184.108.40.206 Latin America
220.127.116.11 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Altadox, Inc.
6.2 Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
6.3 Celestica, Inc.
6.4 Cal-Comp Electronics (Thailand) PCL
6.5 Creation Technologies LP
6.6 Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (Foxconn)
6.7 Jabil Circuit, Inc.
6.8 Plexus Corporation
6.9 Sanmina-Sci Corporation
6.10 Universal Scientific Industrial Co. Ltd
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Electronic Contract Design & Engineering Market
- Altadox Inc.
- Benchmark Electronics Inc.
- Celestica Inc.
- Cal-Comp Electronics (Thailand) PCL
- Creation Technologies LP
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. (Foxconn)
- Jabil Circuit Inc.
- Plexus Corporation
- Sanmina-Sci Corporation
- Universal Scientific Industrial Co. Ltd