DRAM has applications in various electronic devices, such as PCs, smartphones, music players, laptops, netbooks, and tablet computers. High growth in the smartphone & tablet market has increased the growth of the mobile DRAM market. With the boost in enterprise architecture and cloud computing, the computing DRAM market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
Increasing Penetration of Smartphones in Developing Countries
Mobile DRAM finds its major applications in smartphones. The use of DRAM in smartphones is increasing with the development of smartphones with high storage capacity. The increased use of mobile DRAM in tablets and computers is also impacting the growth of DRAM. The global smartphone market is expected to witness a growth rate of more than 11%. The increase in urbanization, increase in per capita income, decline in the ASP of smartphones and tablets, and the need for technologically sound headsets are some of the key factors responsible for the growth of the mobile & tablet market.
Asia-Pacific to Occupy Significant Market Share
Asia-Pacific is expected to witness highest growth rate, mainly with the growing demand from China, Japan, and South Korea, and owing to the presence of key industry participants. The rising popularity of smartphones and demand for newer memory technologies have driven the growth of computationally intensive consumer electronics, thereby creating a wide range of opportunities for DRAM in this region.
Major Players : ELECTRONICS CO. LTD, NANYA TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, WINBOND ELECTRONICS CORPORATION, MICRON TECHNOLOGY, POWERCHIP TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, INTEL CORPORATION, AND TEXAS INSTRUMENTS, amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2017 - Micron Technology, Inc., semiconductor systems, announced that it successfully won the auction for Cando Corporation assets, which will be utilized in establishing a back-end site for Micron Taiwan.
- Impact of growing application in consumer electronics industry
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Growth across various end-users, such as automotive electronics, communication sector, and consumer electronics
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3- month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increasing Penetration of Smartphones in Developing Countries
4.2.2 Demand for High-performance and Low-power DRAM in Mobile Devices
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Emergence of Substitute Products
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market Segmentation
5.1 By Technology
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Mobile Devices
5.2.2 Computing Devices
5.2.3 Networking Devices
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest Of Europe
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 SK Hynix Inc.
6.2 Micron Technology Inc.
6.3 SamsungElectronics Co. Ltd
6.4 Nanya Technology Corporation
6.5 Winbond Electronics Corporation
6.6 Micron Technology
6.7 Powerchip Technology Corporation
6.8 Intel Corporation
6.9 Texas Instruments
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Micron Technology Inc.
- SamsungElectronics Co. Ltd
- Nanya Technology Corporation
- Winbond Electronics Corporation
- Micron Technology
- Powerchip Technology Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Texas Instruments