Economies of Scale Pricing of the Sensors Due to Smartphones Demand is Driving Factor
Huge market for smartphones has helped reduce the component prices. For example, most of the sensors now cost approximately around USD 1 instead of USD 1000 because they are used in the smartphones. Innovations in smartphone technologies have pushed the economics of the scale. It has allowed the 360-degree cameras makers the possibility to pass the benefits of reduced cost to the customers. The prices of these devices have dropped down drastically in the past six years.
The Low Price Range Devices Have Gained the Major Market Share
The pricing of the product is a significant factor for the popularity of this product as it has primary usage as accessories to the other devices. The high power consumption makes its battery last approximately for 60 minutes to 90 minutes on an average. The connectivity of the devices with the smartphones and ability to live stream has made the product accessible in the adventure segment. In the past, due to the pricing, the demand from the consumer has been limited and has led to only a limited number of companies survive in this segment. Giroptic shut down its operations on March 5, 2018, due to lesser sales volume.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Ricoh and Ricoh Imaging announced that they had won the iF DESIGN AWARD 2018 for the RICOH THETA V, The RICOH THETA won in the discipline of “Product” in the “TV/Cameras” category at the annual world-renowned design prize event in Hannover, Germany
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future outlook of the global 360-degree selfie camera market
- Performance of various segments of the market
- Analyzing different perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Segments and sub-segments expected to dominate the market
- Regions expected to witness expedited growth during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increase in The Adventures Sport
4.1.2 Economies of Scale to the Sensors Pricing in the Core of These Cameras
4.2.1 Requires More Energy than Regular Cameras
5. Global 360 Degree Selfie Camera Market Segmentation
5.2 Price Range
5.2.1 Low (less than USD 500)
5.2.2 Medium (USD 500 to USD 1000)
5.2.3 High (USD 1000 or above)
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 360fly, Inc
6.4 GoPro, Inc.
6.5 Humaneyes Technologies Inc.
6.6 IC Realtime, LLC
6.7 JK Imaging Ltd.
6.8 Kolor (Merged with GoPro Inc.)
6.9 Ricoh Company Ltd.
6.10 Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd
6.11 Sphericam Inc.
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.2 Investor Outlook
8. Future Outlook of Global 360 Degree Selfie Camera Market