Plywood has high structural strength and flexibility; provides resistance against exposure to chemicals and fire; and insulation against sound and excessive heating. As a result of these properties, plywood is used in the manufacturing of doors, stairs, external cladding, flooring, framing, interior rails and balustrades, internal panelling, timber joinery products. In the marine industry, special grades of plywood are used, which are treated to withstand occasional exposure to seawater without decaying or deteriorating. These are used in the manufacturing of stringers, floor, transom, boat cabinetry, walls, seating, and other interior fixtures. Owing to this, the market is further expected to reach a value of more than US$ 54 Billion by 2023.
On the basis of end-use the market is segmented as commercial and residential. The residential sector is the largest consumer for plywood, accounting for more than half of the total global shares. The report has conducted an evaluation of the market on the basis of key regions and finds that Asia-Pacific is the largest market for plywood. Some of the other major regions are Europe, North America, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of competitive landscape and provides the details of the key players.
This report provides a deep insight into the global plywood industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a plywood manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the plywood industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the plywood industry?
- How has the plywood market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the plywood industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a plywood plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a plywood plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a plywood plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a plywood plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a plywood plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a plywood plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a plywood plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a plywood plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a plywood plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of plywood products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a plywood plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Engineered Wood Industry
5.4Market Breakup by Product Type
5.5Market Breakup by Application
5.6Market Breakup by Region
6. Global Plywood Board Market
6.3.1Key Price Indicators
6.3.2Current and Historical Price Trends
6.4Market Breakup by Region
6.5Market Breakup by Residential and Commercial Application
6.6Market Breakup by New Construction and Replacement Sector
6.9Value Chain Analysis
6.10Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.10.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
6.10.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.10.4Degree of Rivalry
6.10.5Threat of New Entrants
6.10.6Threat of Substitutes
6.11Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7. Market Breakup by Region
7.5Middle East and Africa
8. Market Breakup by Residential and Commercial Applications
9. Market Breakup by New Construction and Replacement Application
10. Global Marine Plywood Market
10.3Marine Plywood Market by Marine and Non-Marine Applications
10.4Market Breakup by Key Marine Plywood Applications
11. Plywood Manufacturing Process
11.2Detailed Process Flow
11.3Various Type of Unit Operation Involved
11.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12. Competitive Landscape
13. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
13.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
13.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
13.5Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
13.6Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
13.7Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
13.8Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
13.9Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
13.10Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
13.11Other Capital Investments
14. Loans and Financial Assistance
15. Project Economics
15.1Capital Cost of the Project
15.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
15.6Taxation and Depreciation
16. Key Player Profiles
16.1Georgia Pacific LLC
16.4Boise Cascade Company