The growing applications of toluene and its derivatives in numerous industries represent the key growth inducing factors for the market. Besides, the wider use of toluene in gasoline blends, where it acts as octane booster and maintains the energy content of gasoline, has augmented the market growth. Additionally, the surging demand for aromatics in the petrochemical industry for the production of synthetic fibres, elastomers, agrochemicals, dyes, nail paints, etc. is driving the global toluene market globally. Apart from this, expansion in the end-use industries, particularly in the emerging markets, such as China, India, etc., has resulted in an augmented demand for toluene. According to the report, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 29.2 Billion by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.3% during 2018-2023.
The report has segmented the market on the basis of technology into reformate process, pygas process, coke/coal process, and styrene process. Based on the application, benzene represents the largest segment, followed by solvents, xylene, TDI, and others. On a regional-basis, Asia Pacific is the leading market, followed by North America and Europe. Other major regions include the Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Based on the import-export scenario of the market, the report finds that China is the largest importer whereas Korea is the largest exporter. The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key global players being BASF, Covestro, BP PLC, SK Innovation Co., Ltd., and Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
This report provides a deep insight into the global toluene market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the toluene industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global toluene market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global toluene market?
- What are the key application segments in the global toluene market?
- Which are the popular technology types in the global toluene market?
- What are the import and export trends of toluene?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global toluene market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global toluene market?
- What is the structure of the global toluene market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global toluene market?
- How is toluene manufactured?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.3Key Industry Trends
5. Global Toluene Market
5.4Market Breakup by Technology
5.5Market Breakup by Application
5.6Market Breakup by Region
5.9Value Chain Analysis
5.9.2Research and Development
5.9.3Raw Material Procurement
5.10Porters Five Forces Analysis
5.10.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.10.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.10.4Degree of Competition
5.10.5Threat of New Entrants
5.10.6Threat of Substitutes
6. Market Breakup by Technology
7. Market Breakup by Application
7.4 Trans Alkylation (TA)
7.6 Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI)
7.7 Toluene Disproportionation (TDP)
8. Market Breakup by Region
8.1 Asia Pacific
8.2 North America
8.4 Middle East and Africa
8.5 Latin America
9. Imports and Exports
10. Toluene Manufacturing Process
10.2Raw Material Requirements
10.4Key Success and Risk Factors
11. Competitive Landscape
11.3Profiles of Key Players
11.3.1Exxon Mobil Corporation
11.3.5 Compañia Española De Petroleos Sau