The market for native starch is currently being driven by its expanding application in both, food and non-food sectors. In the food sector, it is used as a thickening agent and a stabilizer in a variety of products, such as custard, desserts, sauces, etc. On the other hand, the major non-food sectors where native starch is used are sweeteners, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and paper. According to the report, the market is further expected to reach a volume of more than 95 Million Tons by 2023.
The report has segmented the global native starch market on the basis of types of feedstock used, including corn, wheat and cassava. Currently, corn is the most popular feedstock used for the production of native starch. The report has also analysed the market on a regional basis covering the United States, European Union and China. Amongst these, the United States represents the largest market for native starch, accounting for the majority of the production. An evaluation of the competitive landscape of the market provides the details of the key players operative in the market. Some of the major players are Cargill, Ingredion, ADM, Tate & Lyle, and Roquette.
This report provides a deep insight into the global native starch industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the starch industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global native starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global native starch industry?
- What are the key feedstock used in the global native starch industry?
- What are the key end-use segment in the global native starch industry?
- What are the price trends of native starch?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global native starch industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global native starch industry?
- What is the structure of the global native starch industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global native starch industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global native starch industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- How is native corn starch manufactured?
- How is native wheat starch manufactured?
- How is native cassava starch manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for native starch?
- What are the transportation requirements for native starch?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a native starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Native Starch Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Production Volume Trends
5.2.2 Consumption Volume Trends
5.2.3 Value Trends
5.3 Price Trends
5.4 Market Breakup by Region
5.5 Market by Feedstock
5.6 Market Breakup by End-Use
5.7 Market Forecast
5.7.1 Volume Trends
5.7.3 Value Trends
5.7.4 Price Trends
5.8 Trade Data
6 Global Native Starch Industry: Regional Analysis (Production)
6.1 United States
6.2 European Union
7 Global Native Starch Industry: Regional Analysis (Consumption)
7.1 North America
7.2 European Union
7.3 Asia Pacific
7.4 Latin America
7.5 Middle East and Africa
8 Global Native Starch Industry: Market by End-Use
8.3 Food Industries
8.4 Paper Industries
9 Global Native Starch Industry: Market by Feedstock
9.1.1 Production Trends
9.1.2 Production Breakup by Region
9.1.3 Native Starch Production from Corn
184.108.40.206 Volume Trends
220.127.116.11.1 Current and Historical Trends
18.104.22.168.2 Market Forecast
22.214.171.124 Value Trends
126.96.36.199.1 Current and Historical Trends
188.8.131.52.2 Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Price Trends
220.127.116.11.1 Current and Historical Trends
18.104.22.168.2 Market Forecast
22.214.171.124 Market Breakup by Region
126.96.36.199 Market Breakup by End Use
9.2.1 Production Trends
9.2.2 Production Breakup by Region
9.2.3 Native Starch Production from Wheat
188.8.131.52 Volume Trends
184.108.40.206.1 Current and Historical Trends
220.127.116.11.2 Market Forecast
18.104.22.168 Value Trends
22.214.171.124.1 Current and Historical Trends
126.96.36.199.2 Market Forecast
188.8.131.52 Price Trends
184.108.40.206.1 Current and Historical Trends
220.127.116.11.2 Market Forecast
18.104.22.168 Market Breakup by Region
22.214.171.124 Market Breakup by End Use
9.3.1 Production Trends
9.3.2 Production Breakup by Region
9.3.3 Native Starch Production from Cassava
126.96.36.199 Volume Trends
188.8.131.52.1 Current and Historical Trends
184.108.40.206.2 Market Forecast
220.127.116.11 Value Trends
18.104.22.168.1 Current and Historical Trends
22.214.171.124.2 Market Forecast
126.96.36.199 Price Trends
188.8.131.52.1 Current and Historical Trends
184.108.40.206.2 Market Forecast
220.127.116.11 Market Breakup by Region
18.104.22.168 Market Breakup by End Use
10 Global Native Starch Market: Value Chain
11 Global Native Starch Market: Margin Analysis
11.1 Farmers Margins
11.2 Collectors Margins
11.3 Native Starch Manufacturer Margins
11.4 Distributor Margins
11.5 Exporters Margins
12 Global Native Starch Market: SWOT Analysis
13 Global Native Starch Market: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
13.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
13.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
13.4 Degree of Rivalry
13.5 Threat of New Entrants
13.6 Threat of Substitutes
14 Competitive Landscape
14.1 Competitive Structure
14.2 Market Share of Key Players
15 Global Native Starch Industry: Manufacturing Analysis from Various Feedstocks
15.1.1 Manufacturing Process
15.1.2 Process Flow
15.1.3 Mass Balance and Feedstock Requirements
15.1.4 Land Requirements
15.1.5 Construction Requirements
15.1.6 Machinery Requirements
15.1.7 Raw Material Requirements
15.1.8 Packaging Requirements
15.1.9 Transportation Requirements
15.1.10 Utility Requirements
15.1.11 Manpower Requirements
15.1.12 Other Capital Investments
15.1.13 Capital Cost of the Project
15.1.14 Techno-economic Parameters
15.1.15 Income Projections
15.1.16 Expenditure Projections
15.1.17 Financial Analysis
15.1.18 Profit Analysis
15.2.1 Manufacturing Process
15.2.2 Process Flow
15.2.3 Mass Balance and Feedstock Requirements
15.2.4 Land Requirements
15.2.5 Construction Requirements
15.2.6 Machinery Requirements
15.2.7 Raw Material Requirements
15.2.8 Packaging Requirements
15.2.9 Transportation Requirements
15.2.10 Utility Requirements
15.2.11 Manpower Requirements
15.2.12 Other Capital Investments
15.2.13 Capital Cost of the Project
15.2.14 Techno-economic Parameters
15.2.15 Income Projections
15.2.16 Expenditure Projections
15.2.17 Financial Analysis
15.2.18 Profit Analysis
15.3.1 Manufacturing Process
15.3.2 Process Flow
15.3.3 Mass Balance and Feedstock Requirements
15.3.4 Land Requirements
15.3.5 Construction Requirements
15.3.6 Machinery Requirements
15.3.7 Raw Material Requirements
15.3.8 Packaging Requirements
15.3.9 Transportation Requirements
15.3.10 Utility Requirements
15.3.11 Manpower Requirements
15.3.12 Other Capital Investments
15.3.13 Capital Cost of the Project
15.3.14 Techno-economic Parameters
15.3.15 Income Projections
15.3.16 Expenditure Projections
15.3.17 Financial Analysis
15.3.18 Profit Analysis
16 Key Player Profiles
16.4 Tate & Lyle