Health benefits offered by soybean oil include - lowering of cholesterol levels, improving heart health, increasing immunity, preventing osteoporosis and reducing cognitive disorders. The majority of its global demand currently comes from the food industry. Within the food industry, most of the demand is for cooking (mostly for frying or baking) and as a condiment in salads. Apart from its uses in cooking, soybean oil also finds applications in industrial paints, lubricants, solvents, cleaners, adhesives, oleochemicals, bio-diesel, biocomposites, etc. Due to its high unsaturated fat content, it undergoes early oxidation upon exposure to air, light or moisture - which makes it suitable for printing inks and oil paint formulations. Its high lipid content and lubricating characteristics also make it a good choice for specialty fermentation and drilling applications respectively. Being low in cost, easily available and environment friendly, it is an ideal component for bio-based products. Looking forward, we expect the demand of soybean oil to grow at a CAGR of around 2.1% during the next five years.
This latest study “Soybean Oil Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a soybean oil processing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the soybean oil market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the soybean oil industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the soybean oil industry?
- How has the soybean oil market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the soybean oil industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a soybean oil plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a soybean oil plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of soybean oil?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a soybean oil plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Soybean Industry
5.1.1 Volume Trends
5.1.2 Value Trends
5.2Market by End-Use
5.3Market by Region
6. Global Edible Oil Industry
6.2Market by Region
6.3Market by Oil Type
7. Global Soybean Oil Industry
7.4Market Breakup by Region
7.5Market Breakup by End Use
7.8Value Chain Analysis
7.8.1Raw Material Procurement
7.9Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
7.9.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
7.9.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
7.9.4Degree of Competition
7.9.5Threat of New Entrants
7.9.6Threat of Substitutes
7.10Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
8. Market Performance by End-Use
9. Market Performance of Key Regions
10. Competitive Landscape
11. Soybean Oil Processing
11.2Detailed Process Flow
11.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
11.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
12.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
12.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
12.6Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
12.7Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
12.8Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
12.9Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
12.10Utility Requirements and Expenditures
12.11Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
12.12Other Capital Investments
13. Loans and Financial Assistance
14. Project Economics
14.1Capital Cost of the Project
14.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
14.4Taxation and Depreciation
15. Key Player Profiles
15.4 Louis Dreyfus