There are several factors that are driving the growth of global instant coffee market. As instant coffee provides convenience over fresh coffee, it can be easily prepared by anyone. The consumer just needs a cup, boiled water and a stirrer to prepare it. Increasing urbanization and changing lifestyle are the other factors due to which the social trend of coffee consumption is being readily adopted by the youngsters. The new coffee drinkers in the emerging markets find instant coffee alluring as it comes with many benefits and is able to satisfy their evolving tastes. Innovation is another major factor that helps maintain a perennial demand for instant coffee globally. Manufacturers come up with new innovative ideas to develop and improve the quality, aroma and flavour of the instant coffee so that it tastes just like a freshly brewed coffee. Nowadays, single-serve systems have been developed which are more convenient to carry and consume and thus have witnessed a strong growth in both at-home and out-of-home segments. Such format innovations are driving value growth of instant coffee market in both developed and emerging regions. According to this research, the instant coffee market reached a value of US$ 10.4 Billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 5% during 2010-2017.
This latest report “Instant Coffee Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up an instant coffee manufacturing plant. The analysis includes macro overview of the market as well as micro details of the industry performance, key success and risk factors, processing & manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc.
The report has segmented the instant coffee market on the basis of key regions. Currently, Brazil represents the world’s largest producer followed by Vietnam. On the basis of consumption, the US represented the world’s largest coffee consumer followed by Germany and Brazil. As tea still accounts for a majority of the share of hot beverages in various parts of the world, coffee consumption in emerging markets like India and China is restricted only to the urban areas with negligible penetration in the rural and semi urban areas. However, the instant coffee industry in the emerging markets is expected to grow significantly faster in the next five years.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the instant coffee market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global instant coffee industry?
- What are the price trends of instant coffee?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the instant coffee industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the instant coffee industry?
- What is the structure of the instant coffee industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the instant coffee industry?
- What are the profit margins in the instant coffee industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an instant coffee manufacturing plant?
- How is an instant coffee manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an instant coffee plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for instant coffee?
- What are the transportation requirements for instant coffee?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an instant coffee plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an instant coffee plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5. Global Coffee Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Production Volume Trends
5.3 Market Breakup by Region
5.4 Market Breakup by Coffee Bean Type
5.5 Market Forecast
6. Global Instant Coffee Industry
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.2.1 Volume Trends
6.2.2 Value Trends
6.3 Price Analysis
6.3.1 Price Indicators
6.3.2 Price Structure
6.3.3 Price Trends
6.4 Market Breakup by Packaging
6.5 Market Breakup by Coffee Type
6.6 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
6.7 Market Breakup by Region
6.8 Market Forecast
6.9 SWOT Analysis
6.10 Value Chain Analysis
6.10.1Raw Material Procurement
6.11 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.11.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
6.11.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.11.4 Degree of Competition
6.11.5 Threat of New Entrants
6.11.6 Threat of Substitutes
6.12 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7. Market Breakup by Packaging
8. Market Breakup by Coffee Type
8.1 Spray Dried
8.2 Freeze Dried
9. Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
9.2 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
9.3 Independent Retailers
9.4 Departmental Stores
10. Market Breakup by Region
10.3 North America
10.4 Latin America
10.5 Middle East and Africa
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Market Structure
11.2 Market Share of Key Players
12. Instant Coffee Manufacturing Process
12.1 Product Overview
12.2 Detailed Process Flow
12.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
12.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
13. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
13.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
13.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
13.3 Plant Layout
13.4 Plant Machinery
13.5 Machinery Pictures
13.6 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
13.7 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
13.8 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
13.9 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
13.10 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
13.11 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
13.12 Other Capital Investments
14. Loans and Financial Assistance
15. Project Economics
15.1 Capital Cost of the Project
15.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
15.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
15.4 Taxation and Depreciation
15.5 Income Projections
15.6 Expenditure Projections
15.7 Financial Analysis
15.8 Profit Analysis
16. Key Player Profiles
16.2 Starbucks Corporation
16.3 Jacobs Douwe Egberts
16.4 Strauss Group Ltd.
16.5 Matthew Algie & Company Ltd.
16.6 Kraft Foods Inc.
16.7 Tata Global Beverages
16.8 Tchibo Coffee International Ltd.