One of the primary factors catalysing the growth of the global solar panel market is the environment friendly nature of these panels as they do not emit any harmful gases or exhaust any fossil fuels. This helps in the reduction of carbon footprints as well as improves energy efficiency. Moreover, the governments in various emerging regions are providing tax relaxations and conducting several awareness campaigns to encourage the installation of solar panels. This acts as another factor facilitating the demand for solar panels. In addition, the market is further propelled by the surging demand for electricity and rising cost of its production. On account of these factors, the global solar panel market is projected to continue its growth trajectory during the upcoming years.
Based on type, the market has been segregated as crystal silicon and thin film solar panels. Currently, crystal silicon solar panels dominate the market, holding the largest share.
On the basis of end-use, the commercial sector represents the largest segment of solar panels, followed by the residential and industrial sectors.
Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being JinkoSolar, Trina Solar, Canadian Solar, JA Solar, Hanwha Q-CELLS, GCL-SI, LONGi Solar, Risen Energy, Shunfeng and Yingli Green.
This report provides a deep insight into the global solar panel industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the solar panel industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global solar panel market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global solar panel industry?
- What are the key end-use segment in the global solar panel industry?
- What are the key product types in the global solar panel industry?
- What are the price trends of solar panel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global solar panel industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global solar panel industry?
- What is the structure of the global solar panel industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global solar panel industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global solar panel industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- How is solar panel manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for solar panel?
- What are the transportation requirements for solar panel?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a solar panel manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the study
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Solar Panel Industry
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.4Market Breakup by Type
5.5Market Breakup by Region
5.6Market by End-Use
5.8 SWOT Analysis
5.9Value Chain Analysis
5.10Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.10.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.10.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.10.4Degree of Competition
5.10.5Threat of New Entrants
5.10.6Threat of Substitutes
5.11Key Success Factors and Risk Factors for Solar Panel Manufacturers
6. Market by Type
6.1 Crystal Silicon
6.2 Monocrystalline Silicon
6.3 Polycrystalline Silicon
6.4 Thin Film
7. Performance of Key Regions
7.1 Asia Pacific
7.2 North America
7.4 Latin America
7.5 Middle East and Africa
8. Market by End-use
9 Competitive Landscape
9.2Capacities of Key Players
10 Solar Panel Manufacturing Process
10.2Detailed Process Flow
10.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
11.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
11.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
11.4Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
11.5Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
11.6Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
11.7Utility Requirements and Expenditures
11.8Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11.9Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
13.1Capital Cost of the Project
13.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
13.4Taxation and Depreciation
14. Key Player Profiles