Over the next few years, the market is expected to be driven by a number of favourable factors. The cases of chronic diseases have been increasing on account of ageing population, sedentary lifestyles and poor eating habits. This has resulted in a heightened demand for generic injectables. Furthermore, the drug shortages in the country coupled with speedy approvals by the USFDA are expected to boost the manufacturing of these drugs. Additionally, the patent expiry of a large number of branded injectable drugs is expected to support the market growth. As a result, the market is projected to reach a value of more than US$ 17.5 Billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of around 8.5% during 2018-2023.
The report has segmented the market on the basis of therapeutic area and covers oncology, anaesthesia, anti-infectives, parenteral nutrition, cardiovascular diseases, etc. Among these, oncology generic injectables represent the largest segment. The report has further analysed the various containers used for generic injectables including vials, premix, prefilled syringes and ampoules. On the basis of distribution channels, the report finds that hospitals dominate the market, accounting for the majority of the share. The report has also examined the competitive landscape of the market and provides the profiles of the key players operative in it. Some the major players are Hospira, Hikma, App, Sagent, Sandoz and Henry Shein, Inc.
This report provides a deep insight into the US generic injectables industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from a macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the US generic injectables industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the US generic injectables market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the price trends of generic injectables in the US?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the generic injectables industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the US generic injectables industry?
- What is the structure of the US generic injectables industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the US generic injectables industry?
- What are the profit margins in the generic injectables industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- How are generic injectables manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for generic injectables?
- What are the transportation requirements for generic injectables?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Generic Drug Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Sales Volume
5.2.2 Sales Value
5.3 Market Breakup by Country
5.4 Market Forecast
6 US Generic Drug Industry
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.2.1 Sales Volume
6.2.2 Sales Value
6.3 Market Forecast
7 US Generic Drug Industry - Drug Delivery Systems
8 Global Generic Injectables Industry
8.1 Market Overview
8.2 Market Performance
8.3 Market Breakup by Region
8.4 Market Breakup by Therapeutic Area
8.5 Market Breakup by Containers
8.6 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
8.7 Market Share of Key Players
8.8 Market Forecast
9 US Generic Injectables Industry
9.1 Market Overview
9.2 Market Performance
9.3 Market by Therapeutic Area
9.4 Market by Containers
9.5 Market by Distribution Channel
9.6 Market Share of Key Players
9.7 Market Forecast
9.8 SWOT Analysis
9.9 Value Chain Analysis
9.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
9.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
9.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
9.10.4 Degree of Rivalry
9.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
9.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
9.11Key Success and Risk Factors
10 US Generic Injectable Market: Market by Therapeutic Area
10.4 Parenteral Nutrition
11 US Generic Injectable Market: Market by Containers
11.4 Prefilled Syringes
12 US Generic Injectable Market: Market by Distribution Channel
12.2 Retail Pharmacy
13 US Generic Injectable Market: Competitive Landscape
13.1 Competitive Structure
13.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
14 Generic Injectables Manufacturing Process
14.1 Product Overview
14.2 Detailed Process Flow
14.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
14.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
15 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
15.1 Land, Location and Site Development
15.2 Construction Requirements
15.3 Machinery Requirements
15.4 Machinery Pictures
15.5 Raw Materials Requirements
15.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
15.7 Packaging Requirements
15.8 Transportation Requirements
15.9 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
16. Key Players Profiles