One of the primary factors catalysing the growth of the global bakery products market is the rising health consciousness amongst the consumers which has led to a heightened demand for organic products. Apart from this, the market is also influenced by the easy availability of raw materials such as flour, sugar, emulsifiers, additives, preservatives, etc. Some of the other forces that have been proactive in maintaining the market growth include rapid urbanisation, hectic lifestyles, increasing disposable incomes, and rising demand for convenience food. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 569 Billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of nearly 5% during 2018-2023.
Based on type, the market has been segmented as breads and rolls, cakes and pastries, biscuits, and rusks. Currently, biscuits dominate the market, holding the largest share.
On the basis of distribution channels, the market has been segregated as supermarkets and hypermarkets, artisanal bakeries, convenience stores, independent retailers, online and others. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the largest segment.
Region-wise, Europe is the leading market for bakery products, accounting for the majority of the global share. Europe is followed by North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Grupo Bimbo, Finsbury Food Group, Flower Foods, Hostess Brands, McKee Foods and Yamazaki Baking.
This report provides a deep insight into the global bakery products industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the bakery products industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global bakery products market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global bakery products industry?
- What are the key product types in the global bakery products industry?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global bakery products industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global bakery products industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global bakery products industry?
- What is the structure of the global bakery products industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global bakery products industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global bakery products industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a bakery manufacturing plant?
- How are bakery products manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for bakery products?
- What are the transportation requirements for bakery products?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a bakery products manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Bakery Products Industry
5.3Market Breakup by Region
5.4Market Breakup by Product Type
5.5Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
5.8Value Chain Analysis
5.9Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.9.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.9.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.9.4 Degree of Competition
5.9.5 Threat of New Entrants
5.9.6 Threat of Substitutes
5.10.1 Price Indicators
5.10.2 Price Structure
5.11Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6. Performance of Key Regions
6.4Middle East & Africa
7. Market by Product Type
7.1.5Non-Salt Cracker Biscuits
7.1.6Salt Cracker Biscuits
7.2Bread and Rolls
7.2.1 Artisanal Bakeries
7.2.2 In-Store Bakeries
7.3 Cakes and Pastries
7.3.1 Artisanal Bakeries
7.3.2 In-Store Bakeries
7.4.1 Artisanal Bakeries
7.4.2 In-Store Bakeries
8. Market by Distribution Channel
8.1 Convenience Stores
8.2 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
8.3 Independent Retailers
8.4 Artisanal Bakeries
9 Competitive Landscape
9.1 Competitive Structure
9.2 Key Players
10 Bakery Products Manufacturing Process
10.1.2Detailed Process Flow
10.1.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.1.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
10.2.2Detailed Process Flow
10.2.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.2.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
11.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
11.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
11.4Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
11.5Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
11.6Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
11.7Utility Requirements and Expenditures
11.8Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11.9Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
13.1Capital Cost of the Project
13.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
13.4Taxation and Depreciation
14 Key Player Profiles