Functional printing is a process of forwarding functionality in 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional components based on silicon. It is utilized to print on diverse substrates, including paper and glass using inks and substrates. Some of the familiar applications are RFID tags, display, and sensors, which are likely to boost the market growth. Furthermore, it helps in depositing and controlling the desired pattern on the material, owing to which the demand for this technology is increasing at a high pace. Furthermore, the increasing use of RFID tags across various industries, including retail and healthcare, is expected to boost the functional printing market growth over the forecast period.
High Speed Manufacturing and Low Manufacturing Cost
The rising demand for mitigating operational and production cost is projected to give rise to the demand for functional printing. Furthermore, the technology provides high speed manufacturing, which reduces the wait time, thereby propelling the market growth. In addition, it is environmentally-friendly, as it reduces the emission of harmful components, which is, in turn, expected to boost the use of this technology, thereby fueling the market over the forecast period.
RFID Tags to Exhibit the Highest Growth
RFID tags are generally utilized for identifying, monitoring, and tracking the activities of an individual at work environment, including hospitals, military, refineries, and restricted areas. The mitigation of cost associated with operations and monitoring is likely to propel the use and demand for these tags, thereby fueling the market growth over the forecast period. Furthermore, the rising demand for transparency across the supply chain is anticipated to ascend the use of RFID tags, which, in turn, is expected to boost the market.
North America to Have the Highest Share
The increasing demand for near-field communication (NF) in North America is expected to drive the market in the region. Furthermore, the growth in retail industry in the region is likely to boost the use of RFID tags, thereby fueling the market growth. In addition, transportation industry in North America is growing at a significant rate and this accounts for a noteworthy share, which is, in turn, projected to propel the demand for the functional printing technology, thereby propelling the market over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: Optomec exhibited the production of 3-dimensional printing technology at a conference in the United States., Printed Electronics. This is expected to create awareness about the company and product, which is likely to bring influx of customers.
- May 2017: Enfucell Oy received certification of ISO 9001 depicting high quality and ensured products, which is projected to boost the presence of the company.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- The future prospect of the functional printing market and opportunities
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain
4.3 Factors Driving the Market
4.4 Factors Restraining the Market
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry Among Existing Competitors
4.7 Industry Regulations & Policies
5. Global Functional Printing Market Segmentation
5.1 By Materials
5.2 By Application
5.2.4 RFID Tags
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
7. Company Market Share
7.1 BASF SE
7.2 Duratech Industries Inc.
7.3 Eastman Kodak Company
7.5 E Ink Holdings Inc.
7.6 Enfucell OY
7.7 Optomec Inc.
7.8 Trident Industrial Inkjet
7.9 Vorbeck Materials Corporation
7.10 XAAR PLC
7.11 Mark Andy Inc.
*List is not Exhaustive
8. Opportunities in Global Functional Printing Market