Increasing Demand for Heavy Freight Transportation is Augmenting Market Growth
The increasing demand for heavy freight transportation is driving the waterway transportation software solutions market. The demand shift of freight from west to east is a tremendous opportunity for the market. Increasing collaborations and south-south cooperation in the waterborne trade are resulting in the emergence of new markets in economies of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East & Africa. Developing nations, such as China and India are also contributing to the demand shift, and thus driving this market growth. Furthermore, the development of new sea routes and seaports are providing new growth opportunities in this market.
Retail End-user is the Fastest Growing Segment
The retail sector deals with a wide range of products, which have specific requirements regarding the processing of the order. This industry is seeking effective solutions to increase efficiency. Moreover, the sector is investing highly on supply chain, so as to remain competitive and gain an edge over the competitors. In the retail industry, transport and logistics are key issues in achieving competitive performance. Moreover, supply chains have become increasingly complex in recent years, with a number of dynamic factors, which include sourcing practices, diversification in sales and distribution formats. These software systems optimize the international flows, thereby, supporting the growth.
North America Holds the Largest Market Share
North America is one of the largest markets for technology-based solutions. It is further expected to be a strong player in the global economy, especially in the development and implementation of new technologies. This implementation of new technologies is driven by the need for better and improved work atmosphere, thus leading to the implementation of various software systems. The industrial sector is growing steadily, along with increasing influence of the internet regarding the sales of industrial goods. The major contributor of these software products and services in North America is United States. The country’s 123 million households and approximately 7 million business establishments relies on the efficient movement of freight. Investments and transportation related purchases have been increasing significantly in the region. Moreover, the rapid growth in foreign trade is reflecting the growth of waterway transportation software in global interconnectivity.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2017 - Veson Nautical, one among the leading provider of commercial maritime software and services, launched world’s first complete end-to-end shipping platform optimized for the web - Veslink IMOSlive.
- February 2017 - Descartes Systems Group announced that Telesuper, one of the Netherlands' E-Commerce grocery retailers, has successfully deployed Descartes' cloud-based Route Planner On-demand solution to support its E-Commerce growth.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future waterway transportation software solutions market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Analysis
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Factors Driving the Market
5.1.1 Technological Developments
5.1.2 Developments of New Ports in Developing Countries
5.2 Factors Restraining the Market
5.2.1 Stringent Emission Laws/Policies
6. Global Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Segmentation
6.1 By Types of Solution
6.1.2 Yard Management
6.1.3 Vessel Tracking
6.1.4 Maritime Software
6.2 By Deployment Type
6.3 By End-user Vertical
6.3.2 Oil & Gas
6.3.3 Manufacturing & Industrial
6.3.4 Aerospace & Defense
6.3.8 Food & Beverages
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Rest of the World
7. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
7.1 SAP SE
7.3 Accenture PLC
7.4 Veson Nautical Corporation
7.5 DNV GL (GL Maritime Software GMBH)
7.6 Aljex Software Inc.
7.7 Descartes Systems Group
7.8 HighJump Software Inc.
7.9 Trans-i Technologies Inc.
7.10 Bass Software Ltd
*List not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Market
- Sap Se
- Accenture Plc
- Veson Nautical Corporation
- Dnv Gl (Gl Maritime Software Gmbh)
- Aljex Software Inc.
- Descartes Systems Group
- Highjump Software Inc.
- Trans-I Technologies Inc.
- Bass Software Ltd