Among the various benefits of wall-coverings, which are driving their significance in homes, their ability to mask flaws on the walls (usually impossible through painting) is among the most crucial element encouraging their deployment. Wall-coverings protect wall surfaces from accidental marks or scratches, along with imparting an air of quality and grandeur to the uncovered walls. Wall-coverings further help in neutralizing interiors and customizing them through various colors and patterns, in addition to being cost-effective.
Incremental Innovation in Wall-covering Materials drives its Market Growth
The wallpaper segment of the market is witnessing a continuous innovation, such as the replacement of Osnaburg with non-woven backing (easy to apply and remove) and light weight. In addition, the inclusion of other features, like breathable fabrics that removes the limitations of molds, is greatly facilitating the growth of the wall-coverings market in, both, residential and commercial sectors. Further, the features, such as washable paints and wallpapers, significantly adds to the usability. Hence, these factors are expected to provide a major boost to the global wall-coverings market. Companies are also increasingly focusing on developing environment-friendly products, which not only allow sustainable development but tend to improve the consumer perception of vendors.
Wide Range of Opportunities have led to the Growth of Wallpapers in the Product Offerings
Changing customer-purchasing trends have resulted in a dynamic shift in the modern wall-coverings industry, from traditional paints to design oriented wall-coverings. Wallpapers are one such product that offer a diverse design and style to the customers. Wallpapers are obtained in various sizes; the prices of these products depends upon the quality and design of the materials being used. The wallpaper segment includes paper-backed vinyl, fabric-backed vinyl, vinyl-coated fabric, and others. There are different types of wallpapers, such as machine-printed wallpapers, hand-printed wallpapers, sponge-able wallpapers, etc. Machine-printed wallpapers are commonly available, when compared to hand-printed wallpapers. China holds the major market share of the global market for hand-printed wallpapers, owing to the availability of domestic hand-printed products.
Latin America Has Been Experiencing High Growth of Wall Coverings, Owing to Increase in the number of Households
Brazil has more than 74 million households, where 85% of the population lives in urban areas with awareness and access to such products and services. This fact indicates an immense scope for the wall-coverings market. While consumer spending on housing has remained low when compared to its neighboring compatriots, such as Mexico, the country’s middle class population is expanding and the increasing focus on improving their quality of life is expected to translate into better sales of low-end products in the Brazilian wall-coverings market in the future. However, Brazil currently ranks below average in the global housing index, indicating a limited market for high-end products, such as ceramic tiles or wall-panels.
The net adjusted disposable income for Brazilians is moderate, but it is improving. The growing industrial sector, along with the reducing unemployment rates, which came down to 6.18%, in 2016, from 8.44%, in 2010, is highlighting the increased purchasing power among Brazilians. The country is also perceived as the most important consumer market in Latin America.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2017- The Board of Directors of Ahlstrom Corporation ("Ahlstrom") and Munksjö Oyj ("Munksjö") resolved to complete the merger of Ahlstrom into Munksjö, in accordance with the merger plan. The merger was expected to lead to the emergence of a global leader in sustainable and innovative fiber-based solutions in the market.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyze the degree of adoption of wall coverings in the global market and possible growth opportunities
- Analyze various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The product type and application that are expected to dominate the market
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Study Assumptions
2.Research Aproach and Methodology
2.1 Research Methodology
2.2 Research Phases
3. Key Findings
4. Executive Summary
5. Market Dynamics and Technology Trends
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
5.3 Market Drivers
5.3.1 Increasing Number of Residential Buildings
5.3.2 Availability of Styled Products
5.3.3 Increase in Do-it-Yourself (DIY) Trends
5.4 Market Restraints
5.4.1 High Competition From Paint
6. Market Segmentation By Product
6.1 Wall Panel
6.2 Wall Paper
6.4 Metal Wall Covering
7. Market Segmentation By Application
8. Market Segmentation By Distribution Channel
8.1 Specialty Store
8.2 Home Center
8.3 Building Material Dealer
8.4 Furniture Store
8.5 Mass Merchandizer
9. Market Segmentation By Region
9.1 North America
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East & Africa
10. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
10.1 Brewster Home Fashion
10.3 Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj
10.4 Asian Paints Ltd
10.5 Benjamin Moore & Co.
10.6 A.S. Création Tapeten AG
10.7 J. Josephson Inc.
10.8 Walker Greenbank PLC
10.9 Grandeco Wallfashion Group
10.10 Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd
*List not Exhaustive
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the Market
- Brewster Home Fashion
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj
- Asian Paints Ltd
- Benjamin Moore & Co.
- A.S. Création Tapeten AG
- J. Josephson Inc.
- Walker Greenbank PLC
- Grandeco Wallfashion Group
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd