The report is segmented into advanced traveler information systems, advanced transportation management systems (ATMS), advanced transportation pricing systems (ATPS), and advanced public transportation systems (APTS) on the basis of product types. The report is also segmented by application and region.
Rise in Urbanization, Megacities, and Population is the Major Market Driver
More than half the world’s urban population resides in Asia where some countries, like India and China, already have about a billion people living in the cities alone. The other regions with relatively high urban population are North America, Europe, and Africa. The growing urbanization is an indication of the rising complexities in the cities across the globe with transportation requirements being one of those issues. Resolving these complexities is one of the major challenges faced by the transportation market across these regions.
Technological innovations have brought about a major change in the way everything operates. The Internet of Things has made developing connected networks feasible in almost all major functioning sectors today. Integration of this transportation system has resolved most of the transportation-related complexities. The rising growth rate of megacities worldwide and multiple innovations taking place in the field of technology are expected to open up a number of opportunities in the smart transportation market.
Advanced Transportation Management Systems Expected To Hold Significant Market Share
The exponentially growing trend of connected cars devices and connected devices in other vehicles as well is driving the market on a large scale. Moreover, a rise of connected cars which are equipped with mechatronics, telematics, artificial intelligence, and other IoT features, which help to interact with various smart devices and vehicles, might boost the market of various integrated technological systems in the transportation sector. These connected features involve the exchange of real-time data that offers better comfort, security, entertainment, and safety for the end-user. Various automobile manufacturers, such as BMW, Mercedes, Ford, General Motors and others, are now offering IoT to ease the complexities in the transportation sector.
Europe Expected to Remain Market Leader
It is expected that approximately 233 million connected cars would be on the road by 2020, globally, and Europe is holds the majority of the percentage in the production of connected cars during the forecast period. The connected cars market is expected to increase by four times in 2020 compared to the current market state. These connected technologies in the automotive sector might boost the smart solutions market in the transportation sector.
Moreover, urban transportation is becoming an important pillar for a better quality of life of citizens in a city. Currently, in most of the cities in Europe, private and public road transportations are the vital mode of commuting. However, the lack of safety and the quality of the public transportation as well as the poor traffic management in overcrowded road network, the rise of theft, increase in parking issues, etc., are boosting the market for smart highways which, in turn, is boosting the smart transportation market
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Ericsson will provide its Connected Urban Transport solution for the City of Dallas' Advanced Traffic Management System. The solution is designed to ease traffic congestion by the use of an interface to automate and facilitate systems monitoring, performance monitoring, management, and maintenance, with the ability to share data across cities and countries. The solution is expected to allow the City of Dallas to expand its knowledge about traffic issues and assist with operational decision making to improve traffic flow.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future Smart Transportation Market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analysing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Rise of Urbanization and Megacities and Increasing Population
4.2.2 Government Initiatives
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 initial Capital Expenditure
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Smart Transportation Market Segmentation
6.1 By Application
6.1.1 Traffic Management
6.1.2 Road safety and security
6.1.4 Environment protection
6.1.5 Public transport
6.1.6 Automotive telematics
6.1.7 Parking Management
6.1.8 Road user charging
6.2 By Product Type
6.2.1 Advanced Traveler Information Systems
6.2.2 Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS)
6.2.3 Advanced Transportation Pricing Systems (ATPS)
6.2.4 Advanced Public Transportation Systems (APTS)
6.2.5 Cooperative Vehicle Systems
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.2 AGT International
7.3 IBM Corporation
7.4 Logica (CMG)
7.5 Oracle Corporation
7.6 Hitachi Inc.
7.7 Schneider Inc.
7.8 SAP SE
7.9 Siemens Corporation
7.10 Orange Inc
7.12 GSM Association
*List not exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of Smart Transportation Market