Automated liquid handlers minimize run-times and maximize accuracy as they are capable of operating across a wide range of volumes, extending into nanolitres, proving their usefulness in dispensing operations. Leading companies have set the benchmark for the development of the automated liquid handlers and are constantly investing in developing premium products to increase the productivity in an effective manner. Automated liquid handlers have been widely adopted in lab automation as they drastically reduce the time for processing and minimize the scope for sample contamination by dispensing the dead volumes very efficiently. Furthermore, the strong demand for the automated liquid handling with sensor integrated systems has been augmented by the significant improvement in the accuracy of the experiments through working with small volumes of liquid.
Flexibility and Adaptability of Automation Systems for Labs
The adoption of a new laboratory automation solution for a workflow analysis offers benefits to a greater extent for laboratories. A workflow study will provide lab leaders with a transparent and data-driven picture of the laboratory’s current work status. Growth in retail clinical markets is encouraging the clinical diagnostic and drug discovery firms to prioritize their focus on workflows that support the systems of healthcare. The healthcare diagnostic industry trends suggest an increase in both the quantity and variety of expanded testing needs while continuing the reduction in the available workforce, along with growing demand for improved turn-around time and efficient communication of results. The need for flexibility and adaptability in the laboratory is driving laboratories to look for solutions that will help in the continuation for growing panel selections in diagnostic systems, along with the ability to offer flexibility to third-party providers. These factors have been aiding the adoption of automation in labs and clinics, aiding the growth of the automated liquid handlers market.
Canada to Register Fastest Growth in the North American Region
The Canadian market has witnessed a shift in favor of sustainable long-term benefits and the establishment of bio-analytical laboratories with automation. Rapid technological innovations and the need for efficient testing processes to offset the lack of highly skilled laboratory professionals, the adoption of automation in the laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment are accelerating the growth of the market in this region. Furthermore, the increasing healthcare expenditure over the last five years is also encouraging the companies in the region to invest heavily in the medical industry to increase the efficiency of results through next-generation technologies, such as lab automation. Moreover, the increased spending on research and development of automation solutions by major medical and technological institutes across the country depicts the demand for lab automation solutions. In 2016, it was estimated that USD 68.4 billion was generated by Canada’s faculties of Medicine and more than USD 14.1 billion was generated from academic medicine automation research, this depicts the need for automated solutions in labs and clinical diagnostics.
- June 2017 - PerkinElmer Inc. announced acquisition of Euroimmun Medical Laboratory Diagnostics AG, a company that offers products for automation, diagnostic indicators, and reagents, among others. The acquisition is aimed at complementing PerkinElmer’s product portfolio.
- February 2017 - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. acquired Finesse Solutions Inc., a leader in the development of scalable control automation systems and software for bioproduction. The acquisition is aimed at expanding Thermo’s capabilities in automation for bioprocess solutions.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future automated liquid handlers market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the segments that are expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Analysis
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.2.5 Competitive Rivalry
3.3 Value Chain Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Flexibility And Adaptability Of Lab Automation Systems
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Slow Adoption Rates By Small And Medium Laboratories
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Automated Liquid Handlers Market Segmentation
6.1 By End-User
6.1.1 Drug Discovery (Research Institutes)
6.1.2 Clinical Diagnostics
6.2 By Region
6.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Reat of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence - Key Vendor Profiles
7.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
7.2 Perkin Elmer Inc.
7.3 Beckman Coulter Inc.
7.4 Corning Inc.
7.5 Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
7.6 Agilent Technologies
7.7 Hamilton Company
7.8 Becton Dickinson
7.9 Synchron Lab Automation
7.10 Tecan Group Ltd
*List is not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Global Automated Liquid Handlers Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Perkin Elmer Inc.
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- Corning Inc.
- Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Hamilton Company
- Becton Dickinson
- Synchron Lab Automation
- Tecan Group Ltd.