This issue of Advanced Manufacturing TOE highlights innovations in ultrasonic and robotic welding; PVC, large-format, and multi-material 3D printing; wearable exoskeletons; gardening and humanoid robots; and robotic grippers.
The Advanced Manufacturing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers global innovations and developments related to manufacturing and industrial automation on a weekly basis. Innovations are focused toward improving product traceability, energy efficiency and reducing environmental footprints, integrating product design and manufacturing aspects for reducing time-to-market. Research focus areas include rapid prototyping (additive manufacturing), lightweighting (multimaterial joining, plastics and metals manufacturing, carbon fiber-based composite manufacturing), smart robotics (agile robots, consumer robots, swarm robotics, cobots), monitoring and control (wireless control networks, human machine interface), and simulation and modeling (design and simulation software).
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
1. Recent Developments in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Ultrasonic Welder for Plastic and Metal
- 3D Printing of PVC Materials
- Large Scale Multi-material 3D Printer
- Wearable Exoskeleton Device for Healthcare Applications
- Solar Powered Weeding Robot for Gardens
- Articulated Welding Robot for Joining of Plastics
- Single Printer for Printing Multiple Materials
- Autonomous Robot for Mowing Lawns
- Humanoid Robot for Safe Use in Home, Healthcare, and Industrial Environment
- Soft Robotic Grippers for Industrial Automation and E-commerce
- Industry Contacts