The Asian-Pacific insoluble dietary fibers market is estimated to be valued at USD 456.4 million in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 744.4 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Insoluble dietary fibers are known for their water absorption capabilities. They make the digestive process easier for the consumers. Insoluble fiber is found in whole-grain products, such as wheat bran cereal, vegetables, and fruits. It provides bulk for stool formation and helps wastes move quickly through the colon. They ease the intestine activity, increase satiation and help in maintaining a healthy weight. They offer the advantage of functional characteristics and nutritional regime with health benefits. They are highly used in functional food, feed industries, and pharmaceutical industries.
The Asia-Pacific region is the major market for insoluble dietary fiber. Europe and North America are anticipated to follow Asia-Pacific, on account of increasing demand for health and dietary supplements. Health awareness is the major driver fueling the market as the consumers face many intestinal issues or gastric issues with the consumption of unhealthy food due to a busy lifestyle. The Asia-Pacific insoluble dietary fiber market has the highest projected growth rate as it is still a developing region and has a huge platform for growth.
The reason for the tremendous growth of insoluble dietary fiber market in the Asia-Pacific region is based on changing lifestyle, busy work culture, and increasing health issues. The market for innovations and manufacturing of insoluble dietary fiber products will increase in years to come. Health awareness among the population has increased, and even government regulations for increased fiber intake and usage have resulted in the overall growth of the insoluble dietary fiber market. The main restraint to the insoluble dietary fiber market in Asia-Pacific is due to the delayed regulatory standards for approvals, lack of organization in the supply chain, and less awareness of the various benefits of insoluble dietary fibers.
China is projected to be the fastest growing market for insoluble dietary fibers in Asia-Pacific, followed by Japan. Other health issues such as coronary heart disorder, diabetes, obesity, and cholesterol have added to the market, as consumers prefer to intake products that have health benefits. The lifestyle and eating habits of the Indian population has changed in past few years affecting the health of the people. This invites the insoluble dietary market to enhance its presence to overcome health concerns.
The insoluble dietary fibers market in Asia-Pacific is an upcoming market as there are many developing countries and the growing disposable income, economy, and rising population adds to the food industry. The rising standard of living of the consumers and preference for healthy and nutritious food is also driving the insoluble dietary fibers market, which, in turn, adds to the dietary fiber market. The major players adopt several strategies like acquiring small-scale firms to expand their presence and investing more in R&D to increase their market share.
- February 2018 - ADM Animal Nutrition debuted a new high-concentrate protein at the 2018 Aquaculture America Conference.
- April 2017 - Ingredion launched NOVELOSE™ Dietary Fibres for low cost-in-use fiber fortification.
- October 2016 - Ingredion Inc. introduced its Versafibe dietary fiber series, a line of low cost-in-use dietary fibers designed to add fiber and reduce calories in applications.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 High Demand for Processed and Convenience Food
3.1.2 Increasing Demand for Fiber Supplements to Fulfil Nutritional Requirement
3.1.3 Increasing Western Influence and Awareness of Health Benefits from Dietary Fibers in Developing Countries
3.2.1 Delayed and Inconsistent Regulatory Standards of Approval
3.2.2 Technical Difficulties Pertaining to Reactivity and Stability
3.3.1 Unexploited Market in Developing Countries
3.3.2 Identification of New Active Ingredients
3.3.3 Higher Incidence of Application in Weight Management and Healthcare Industry
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.3 Chitin & Chitosan
4.1.5 Resistant Starch
4.2 By Application
4.2.5 Pasta & Soup
4.3 By Geography
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Preferred Strategic Approach by Major Companies
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3 E.I. Dupont de Nemours and Company
6.4 Fibrisol Service Limited
6.5 Grain Processing Corporation
6.6 Ingredion Incorporated
6.7 J. Rettenmaier & Söhne GmbH & Co. KG
6.8 Roquette Frères
6.9 Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co., Ltd.
6.10 Südzucker AG
6.11 Sunopta, Inc.
6.12 Taiyo Lucid Pvt. Ltd.
6.13 Tate & Lyle PLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- E.I. Dupont de Nemours and Company
- Fibrisol Service Limited
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Ingredion Incorporated
- J. Rettenmaier & Söhne GmbH & Co. KG
- Roquette Frères
- Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co. LTD.
- Südzucker AG
- Sunopta Inc.
- Taiyo Lucid Pvt Ltd.
- Tate & Lyle PLC