The North American food sweetener market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% to reach USD 18 billion by 2023, from an estimated market value of nearly USD 12 billion in 2017.
North America Food Sweetener Market Dynamics
North America is one of the largest consumers of food sweeteners. However, due to the saturated demand in the western countries, the growth rate in the coming years is expected to increase slowly compared to that of the emerging countries. The consumption of high-intensity sweeteners in the United States and Canada is expected to remain steady, as the diet beverage market, the largest application, has already matured. Although North America is one of the largest food sweetener markets, it has a very slow growth rate in this market.
North America Food Sweetener Market Segmentation
The North American sweetener market is segmented into bulk sweeteners and sugar substitutes. The growth in the sugar substitutes market is due to increased awareness and usage of dietary foods. Another major driver is the growing population of overweight, obese, and diabetic patients, which is resulting in growth in this category. Although presently sugar substitutes do not constitute a major share of the market, this is the fastest growing segment due to the rising health concerns among people. Aspartame and sucralose are the most famous sweeteners in the HIS segment. Stevia is also seeing a major demand in the natural sweeteners category.
Increased Mexican sugar exports to the United States under NAFTA have helped to facilitate the shift away from HFCS use by food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Domestic demand for HIS (High Intensity Sweeteners) is, therefore, likely to rise significantly over the next five years, although the overseas markets are to remain the primary source of revenue for HIS manufacturers of China.
- November 2017: Coca-Cola will launch stevia-sweetened soda in a small market outside of the United States in the first half of 2018.
- January 2017: Partners Evolva and Cargill Inc. are planning to launch EverSweet fermented stevia in 2018 as a strategy to maintain their first mover advantage in the next generation stevia market.
- October 2016: Cargill Inc. launched non-GMO sweeteners and sunflower oil.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview & Dynamics
3.2.1 Expanding Processed Foods Market
3.2.2 Demand for Natural Sweetener
3.3.1 Consumers Demand for Natural Additives
3.3.2 Demand for Clean Label Solutions
3.3.3 Complex US Regulatory Environment
3.4.1 Growing Demand for Natural Sweeteners
3.4.2 Innovations to Meet the Wellness Demand
3.4.3 Wider Acceptance of GSFA for Improved International Trade
3.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Degree of Competition
3.5.4 Threat of Substitution
3.5.5 Threat of New Entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Bulk Sweeteners
18.104.22.168 High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
4.1.2 Sugar Substitutes
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Dairy & Frozen Products
4.2.5 Meat & Seafood
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
5.3 New Product Developments and Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
6.2 Australian Stevia Mills
6.3 Associated British Foods
6.4 A&Z Food Additives Co. Ltd
6.5 Cargill Inc.
6.6 Corbion Purac
6.7 Celanese Corporation
6.8 Corn Products International
6.11 Fraken Biochem
6.12 JK Sucralose Inc.
6.13 Stevia First Corporation
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Australian Stevia Mills
- Associated British Foods
- A&Z Food Additives Co. Ltd.
- Cargill Inc.
- Corbion Purac
- Celanese Corporation
- Corn Products International
- Fraken Biochem
- JK Sucralose Inc.
- Stevia First Corporation