Supportive Government Policies Driving the Market
Owing to the vast benefits offered, governments across the globe have supported the deployment of microgrids in the form of fiscal and legislative incentives. In order to promote energy conservation, carbon emissions reduction, as well as structural reform of energy supply, many countries in the European Union, along with countries, like the United States, Japan, etc., have issued relevant policies and support plans to promote the development of microgrid projects. At the same time, China’s Thirteenth Five Year Plan for Electricity Development also incorporated microgrids as an essential way of energy restructuring. A similar investment is also expected to increase in other countries as well during the forecast period, in turn, supplementing the microgrid market.
Integration with Wholesale Power Market Driving Demand in Europe
The integration of microgrids with wholesale power market is a big boost for the development of microgrid network in Europe. The widespread network of microgrid can be integrated with the power network, and the owners of the microgrid can execute the trading activities. The region with power surplus can supply electricity to power deficit region by trading electricity in the power market, which is a big boost for the power sector, in turn, increasing the uptake of microgrid projects in the European region.
Japan to Witness High Demand in Asia-Pacific
As part of Japan’s policies to boost energy efficiency and power generation from renewable sources, the country’s sustained efforts toward smart grid deployment is expected to supplement the microgrid market in the Asia-Pacific region. To increase resiliency against natural disasters, Japanese cities are moving away from large-scale power toward microgrids. Higashi-Matsushima, a coastal city that was stricken by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, is leading the switch. Supported by the country’s national resilience program, the city has constructed a large number of microgrids and has decentralized renewable power generation. Similar initiatives are also expected to increase in other cities of Japan, along with small microgrid connectivity, as Japan aims to move forward with the objective of preventing blackouts and minimizing damages during natural disasters.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017: PanaHome Corporation, ENERES Co. Ltd, IBJ Leasing Co. Ltd., and the Public Enterprises Agency of the Hyogo Prefectural Government announced the launch of microgrid system powering 117 homes in Japan.
- June 2017: InfraCo Africa committed USD 3.5 million to Standard Microgrid to expand delivery of off-grid solar in Zambia.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future microgrid market outlook in the developed and emerging countries
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules and Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Type
7.1.1 Customer MicroGrid or True Micro Grid
7.1.2 Remote Power Systems
7.2 By Applicaation
7.2.1 Institutional/Campus Sites (Hospitals, Universities, etc.)
7.2.2 Commercial/Industrial Facilities
7.2.3 Remote “off grid” Communities
7.2.4 Others (Military Bases, Data Centers, Municipalities)
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.2 North America
8.2.1 United States
8.2.3 Rest of North America
8.3 South Africa
8.3.3 Rest of South Africa
8.4.2 United Kingdom
8.4.5 Rest of Europe
8.5 Middle East & Africa
8.5.1 Saudi Arabia
8.5.2 South Africa
8.5.5 Rest of Middle East & Africa
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 ABB Ltd.
9.2 Siemens AG
9.3 Honeywell International Inc.
9.4 Schneider Electric SE
9.5 Toshiba Corporation
9.6 General Electric Company
9.7 Eaton Corporation PLC
9.8 Standard Microgrid, Inc.
9.9 Princeton Power Systems, Inc.
9.10 S&C Electric Co.
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- ABB Ltd
- Siemens AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Toshiba Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Eaton Corporation Plc S.A.dard Microgrid Inc.
- Princeton Power Systems Inc.
- and S&C Electric Co.