Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the demand for industrial air quality control systems during the forecast period, due to factors, such as the rising construction activities leading to the growth of cement industry, increasing coal-based power generation, and anticipated expansion in the oil & gas sector activities in the region. China dominated the air quality control system market across Asia-Pacific in 2016, and is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period. The strict emission regulations, coupled with high growth rates experienced in the power generation, cement manufacturing, and chemicals and metal processing industries, is the major factor driving the demand for air quality control systems in China.
AQCS Market in Cement Industry to Exhibit the Fastest Growth Rate
The cement industry is one of the major polluting industries in the world, and the major pollutants emitted include particulate matter, SO2, and nitrogen dioxide. Increasing construction activities across the globe, mainly in developing countries of Asia-Pacific, are expected to escalate the demand for cement in the near future. Moreover, the increased focus on environmental resilience, technological advancements in emission control solutions, and augmentation of cement production are likely to promulgate the AQCS market during the forecast period.
Cement manufacturing is vital for the growth of the Australian economy. Increasing investments and industrial activities, due to the rapid population growth, are likely to augment the demand for cement manufacturing in the country. According to the Cement Industry Federation in Australia, the cement industry is responsible for about 7.2 Mt per annum of greenhouse gas emissions. This is expected to further escalate the demand for air quality control systems in Australia.
Increasing Emission Regulations to Support the Market in India
Since the introduction of the Air Prevention and Control of Pollution Act in 1981, India has been focusing on controlling the rising levels of air pollution. The increasing rate of coal consumption, illegal mining operations, and less efficient industrial processes have led to the deterioration of air quality in India. The country has also been witnessing growth in the industrial sector, driven by the government’s “Make in India” campaign, which adds to the need to install air quality control devices as per the CPCB standards. As per the 2020 Climate Action Plan, India aims to reduce the emission intensity of its GDP by 33-35% by 2030, from the levels recorded in 2005, and boost clean energy sources to 40% in the power generation mix.
The emission regulations and the revision of ambient air quality standards are escalating the demand for air quality control systems, thereby creating a market for both national and international players to compete. Moreover, due to the growing need to balance the economic growth (which is an obvious reason behind the rising pollution levels) and increasing efforts for emission reduction in India, huge investments are expected in the air quality control technology during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017: GE Power India bagged a contract worth USD 49.2 million from Doosan Power Systems India to supply four units of 660 MW Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) for the supercritical Power Projects, Obra C 2x660 MW project of Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam (UPRUVNL), and Jawaharpur 2x660 MW project of Jawaharpur Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd (JUVNL).
Reasons to Purchase This Report
- Current and future Asia-Pacific industrial air quality control systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Countries that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Application
7.1.1 Power Generation
7.1.2 Cement Industry
7.1.3 Iron & Steel Industry
7.1.4 Chemical Industry
7.2 By Type
7.2.1 Electrostatic Precipitators (ESP)
7.2.2 Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD)
7.2.4 Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
7.2.5 Fabric Filters
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 Thermax Global
9.2 Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd
9.3 Amec Foster Wheeler
9.4 Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc.
9.5 General Electric
9.6 Fujian Longking Co Ltd
9.7 Siemens AG
9.8 GEA Group
9.9 Hamon Corporation
9.10 Horiba, Ltd
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain