Growing End-user Industries to Accelerate Market Growth
Air pollutants in the form of particulates, gases, vapors, or aerosols have been increasing noticeably with the growing number of industries. Due to the increasing air toxins from the industries, air quality control regulations have increased globally. The industrial sector in North America is expected to grow marginally during the forecast period. The industrial sector is concentrated in the United States and spread out in other countries, such as Canada and Mexico. Mexico exports most of the industrial produce, hence the number of industries in the country is expected to grow at a healthy rate, during the forecast period. In addition, the industries in the United States are likely to revive, due to the government’s intention to the ban automotive import from Mexico. Due to the increasing environmental concerns, these industries have to comply with the global emission regulations, which has created the market for air quality control equipment used in industrial installations. Hence, with the increasing industrial establishment, the demand for industrial air quality control systems market is likely to increase in the region, during the forecast period.
Increasing Policy Initiatives to Support the Market in Canada
The increase in the Canadian population and economy is a major factor contributing to the surging demand for the production and delivery of goods and services, transportation, and housing. The Canadian government is taking actions to reduce the levels of air pollution. Pollutants released into the atmosphere are subjected to many regulations, which have been formulated and implemented under the authority of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999. These regulations aim to limit the amount of pollutants released into the air, each year.
In 2013, strict standards for PM2.5 and O3 were established, and in October 2016, new standards for SOx were endorsed and announced by the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment. Moreover, in 2016, as a part of the federal government's contribution to the implementation of air quality management system (AQMS), the Canadian government introduced the multi-sector air pollutant regulations. These regulations established the first-ever mandatory national air pollutant emission standards for major industrial facilities in Canada.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2017: Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc. (B&W) acquired a Wisconsin-based provider of custom-engineered acoustic, emission and filtration solutions, Universal Acoustic & Emission Technologies Inc. (UniversalAET) based on an enterprise value of USD 55 million. The new company is to be named as Babcock & Wilcox Universal and is expected to be included in B&W’s Industrial operating segment.
Reasons to Purchase This Report
- Current and future North America industrial air quality control systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Countries that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Application
7.1.1 Power Generation
7.1.2 Cement Industry
7.1.3 Iron & Steel Industry
7.1.4 Chemical Industry
7.2 By Type
7.2.1 Electrostatic Precipitators (ESP)
7.2.2 Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD)
7.2.4 Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
7.2.5 Fabric Filters
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 United States
8.3 Rest of North America
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
9.1 Thermax Global
9.2 Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Ltd
9.3 Amec Foster Wheeler
9.4 Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc.
9.5 General Electric
9.6 Tri-Mer Corporation
9.7 Siemens AG
9.8 GEA Group
9.9 Hamon Corporation
9.10 Horiba, Ltd
9.11 Ducon Technologies Inc.
9.12 Calgon Carbon Corporation
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain
- Thermax Global
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Ltd.
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
- General Electric
- Tri-Mer Corporation
- Siemens AG
- GEA Group
- Hamon Corporation
- Horiba Ltd.
- Ducon Technologies Inc.
- Calgon Carbon Corporation