Guidance Note 4: Protection Against Fire is a vital guide to an important safety aspect of working with electricity. It is aimed at everyone involved with fire safety in electrical installations, including consulting engineers, electrical installers, inspectors and technicians and has been fully updated to BS 7671:2018.
The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations publishes in July 2018 and comes into effect on 1st January 2019. All new installations from this point must comply with BS 7671:2018.
- Chapter 1: Statutory requirements
- Chapter 2: Overview of the Wiring Regulations
- Chapter 3: Generally applicable requirements
- Chapter 4: Precautions where particular risks of fire exist
- Chapter 5: Protection against burns
- Chapter 6: Measures to minimise the spread of fire
- Chapter 7: Safety services
- Chapter 8: Special installations and locations
- Appendix A: Safety service and product standards of relevance to this Guidance Note
- Appendix B: Approved Document B1: Means of warning and escape
- Appendix C: Approved Document B2: Internal fire spread (linings)
- Appendix D: Approved Document B3: Internal fire spread (structure)
- Appendix E: Scottish Technical Standards relating to protection against fire