Guidance Note 2: Isolation & Switching provides clear guidance on what can be a confusing aspect of BS 7671. It is ideal for those working in specification, testing and inspection and for consulting engineers, as well as electrical installers and has been fully updated to BS 7671:2018.
The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations publishes in July 2018 and comes into effect on 1st January 2019. All new installations from this point must comply with BS 7671:2018.
- Chapter 2: Overview of the Wiring Regulations
- Chapter 3: Definitions and principles
- Chapter 4: Isolation
- Chapter 5: Switching off for mechanical maintenance
- Chapter 6: Emergency switching and emergency stopping
- Chapter 7: Functional switching
- Chapter 8: Firefighters' switches
- Chapter 9: Special installations or locations
- Appendix A: Safety service and product standards of relevance to this publication
- Appendix B: Safe isolation procedures
- Appendix C: Permit-to-work procedures