Electrician's Guide to the Building Regulations includes the latest guidance on third-party certification schemes and covers relevant parts of the Building Regulations, including Fire Safety, Ventilation and Conservation of Energy. This guide has been fully updated to BS 7671:2018.
The 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations published in July 2018 and came into effect in January 2019. Changes from the previous edition include requirements concerning Surge Protection Devices, Arc Fault Detection Devices and the installation of electric vehicle charging equipment as well as many other areas.
- Section 1: Legislation
- Section 2: Design, selection and erection of electrical installations
- Section 3: Mains position
- Section 4: Circuit specifications
- Section 5: Kitchens, special installations, special locations, etc.
- Section 6: Inspection and testing
- Section 7: Safe working
- Section 8: Maintenance
- Section 9: Three-phase supplies
- Section 10: Other Building Regulations
- Section 11: Identification of conductors
- Section 12: Scottish Building Regulations
- Section 13: Welsh Building Regulations
- Appendix A: The Electrotechnical Assessment Specification
- Appendix B: Electrical installation competent person schemes
- Appendix C: Building Regulations: Third Party Certification Schemes - Conditions of Authorisation
- Appendix D: Approved Document B: Fire safety, Volume 1 - Dwellinghouses
- Appendix E: Safety instructions