Electrician's Guide to the Building Regulations includes the latest guidance on third-party certification schemes and covers relevant parts of the Building Regulations, including Fire Safety, Ventilation and Conservation of Energy. This guide has been fully updated to BS 7671:2018.
The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations publishes in July 2018 and comes into effect on 1st January 2019. All new installations from this point must comply with BS 7671:2018.
- Section 2: Design, selection and erection of electrical installations
- Section 3: Mains position
- Section 4: Circuit specifications
- Section 5: Kitchens, special installations, special locations, etc.
- Section 6: Inspection and testing
- Section 7: Safe working
- Section 8: Maintenance
- Section 9: Three-phase supplies
- Section 10: Other Building Regulations
- Section 11: Identification of conductors
- Section 12: Scottish Building Regulations
- Section 13: Welsh Building Regulations
- Appendix A: The Electrotechnical Assessment Specification
- Appendix B: Electrical installation competent person schemes
- Appendix C: Building Regulations: Third Party Certification Schemes - Conditions of Authorisation
- Appendix D: Approved Document B: Fire safety, Volume 1 - Dwellinghouses
- Appendix E: Safety instructions