Guidance Note 8: Earthing & Bonding includes information from BS 7430 Code of Practice for Earthing. It covers key guidance for all involved with specifying, designing, installing or verifying electrical installations and has been fully updated to BS 7671:2018.
The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations publishes in July 2018 and comes into effect on 1st January 2019. All new installations from this point must comply with BS 7671:2018.
- Chapter 1: Protective earthing
- Chapter 2: The means of earthing
- Chapter 3: The earthing conductor
- Chapter 4: System types and earthing arrangements
- Chapter 5: Protective equipotential bonding
- Chapter 6: Extraneous-conductive-parts and their connections
- Chapter 7: Automatic disconnection
- Chapter 8: Supplementary equipotential bonding
- Chapter 9: Circuit protective conductors
- Chapter 10: Particular issues of earthing and bonding
- Appendix A: Values of k for various forms of protective conductor
- Appendix B: Data for armoured cables