Growing demand of packaged food in food industry is likely to propel the growth of the market due to increasing the shelf life of food products. The demand for compact packaging is increased over the upcoming years. On the other hand, fluctuating prices of raw types and difficulties in recycling of multilayer films are likely to restraint the growth of the market. Furthermore, the demand for biodegradable and soluble films is anticipated to bring more opportunities to this market.
Among the regions, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest market for barrier films followed by Europe. The demand for processed food, increasing per capita income of an individual, and the growth in developing economies such as China and India are likely boost the growth in this region. Furthermore, growth in international trade and presences of number of packaging industries will augment the demand of barrier film market in the coming years.
Growing environmental concerns and strict government regulation, number of packaging company are shifting toward the use of biodegradable types. Moreover, the rising market for pharmaceutical and health products and eatable and soluble food packaging will contribute to the high demand for bio-based polymer films during the forecast period. The merger and acquisition is the key strategy of the leading player to expand their product line and strengthen their position and presence in the market.
The report on barrier films market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global barrier films market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings. Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global barrier films market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents. The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/ country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
The secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Websites and publications by research agencies
5. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
The global barrier films market is segmented on the basis of type and end users.
Global Barrier Films Market by Materials
- Organic Coating Films
- Inorganic Oxide Coating Films
- Metallized Films
- Other barrier Films
- Healthcare Industry
- Food industry
- Consumer goods industry
- Other industries
- Mitsubishi Plastic
- Berry Plastics
- Toppan Printing Co. Ltd.
- Amcor Limited
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Huhtamaki Oyj
- Uflex Ltd.
- Atlantis Pak Co. Ltd.
- Other companies
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of barrier films market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in barrier films market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global barrier films market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Barrier Films Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Barrier Films Market
4. Global Barrier Films Market by Materials
5. Global Barrier Films Market by Type
5.1. Organic Coating Films
5.2. Inorganic Oxide Coating Films
5.3. Metallized Films
5.4. Other barrier Films
6. Global Barrier Films Market by End Users
6.1. Healthcare Industry
6.2. Food industry
6.3. Consumer goods industry
6.4. Other industries
7. Global Barrier Films Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Barrier Films Market by Type
7.1.2. North America Barrier Films Market by End Users
7.1.3. North America Barrier Films Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Barrier Films Market by Type
7.2.2. Europe Barrier Films Market by End Users
7.2.3. Europe Barrier Films Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Barrier Films Market by Type
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Barrier Films Market by End Users
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Barrier Films Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Barrier Films Market by Type
7.4.2. RoW Barrier Films Market by End Users
7.4.3. RoW Barrier Films Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. Mitsubishi Plastic
8.2. Berry Plastics
8.3. Toppan Printing Co. Ltd.
8.4. Amcor Limited
8.6. Sealed Air Corporation
8.7. Huhtamaki Oyj
8.8. Uflex Ltd.
8.9. Atlantis Pak Co. Ltd.
8.10. Other companies