Global Pharmaceuticals industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global pharmaceuticals market’s value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include raw ingredients, manufacturing, buyers and end-users.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The global pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $946.1bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- The US, Japan and China are the largest global pharmaceutical markets followed by the four biggest European markets: France, Germany, the UK, and Italy. Amongst that number it is China that is producing the strongest growth every year, whilst the European states have been stifled due to current healthcare spending cultures in the region.
- The patent cliff has caused revenue losses for many companies. The sales of Pfizer, Novartis and Merck & Co. fell when they lost their patents for Lipitor, Diovan and Singulair, respectively. AstraZeneca has been particularly affected by the patent cliff.
- Raw ingredients in pharmaceuticals are very wide-ranging in scope but can be loosely combined into groups. Pharmaceutical companies are responsible for sourcing ingredients.
- Manufacturing of pharmaceutical drugs is typically undertaken by large, international pharmaceutical companies.
- Health care providers make the majority of pharmaceutical purchases, but pharmacies and retailers remain important buyers for pharmaceutical companies.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global pharmaceuticals market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain
- What was the size of the global pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global pharmaceuticals market?
- What are the key stages of the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain?
Value chain analysis
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Value Chain Analysis
PCs Market complete value chain overview
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Lenovo Group Limited
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Global PCs market value: $ billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Global PCs market volume: million units, 2013-17
Table 3: Global PCs market category segmentation: $ billion, 2017
Table 4: Global PCs market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2017
Table 5: Global PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Global PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22
Table 7: Apple Inc: key facts
Table 8: Apple Inc: key financials ($)
Table 9: Apple Inc: key financial ratios
Table 10: Dell Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Lenovo Group Limited: key facts
Table 12: Lenovo Group Limited: key financials ($)
Table 13: Lenovo Group Limited: key financial ratios
Table 14: HP Inc.: key facts
Table 15: HP Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 16: HP Inc.: key financial ratios
List fo Figures
Figure 1: PCs Market complete value chain overview
Figure 2: PCs Market complete value chain with active companies
Figure 3: Raw Materials - Overview
Figure 4: Production - Overview
Figure 5: Device Assembly - Overview
Figure 6: Distribution - Overview
Figure 7: End-Users - Overview
Figure 8: Global PCs market value: $ billion, 2013-17
Figure 9: Global PCs market volume: million units, 2013-17
Figure 10: Global PCs market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 11: Global PCs market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 12: Global PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22
Figure 13: Global PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22
Figure 14: Forces driving competition in the global PCs market, 2017
Figure 15: Drivers of buyer power in the global PCs market, 2017
Figure 16: Drivers of supplier power in the global PCs market, 2017
Figure 17: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global PCs market, 2017
Figure 18: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global PCs market, 2017
Figure 19: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global PCs market, 2017
Figure 20: Apple Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 21: Apple Inc: assets & liabilities
Figure 22: Lenovo Group Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 23: Lenovo Group Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 24: HP Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 25: HP Inc.: assets & liabilities