Carbon Based Nanofillers and Their Rubber Nanocomposites: Carbon Nano-Objects presents their synthetic routes, characterization and structural properties, and the effect of nano fillers on rubber nanocomposites. The synthesis and characterization of all carbon-based fillers is discussed, along with their morphological, thermal, mechanical, dynamic mechanical and rheological properties. In addition, the book covers the theory, modeling and simulation aspects of these nanocomposites, along with various applications. Users will find this a unique contribution to the field of rubber science and technology that is ideal for graduates, post graduates, engineers, research scholars, polymer engineers, polymer technologists, and those in biomedical fields.
- Reviews rubber nanocomposites, including carbon associated nanomaterials (nanocarbon black, graphite, graphene, carbon nanotubes, fullerenes and diamond)
- Presents the synthesis and characterization of carbon based nanocomposites
- Relates the structure of these nanocomposites to their function as rubber additives and their many applications
- Discusses suitable analytical techniques for the characterization of carbon-based nanocomposites
1. Carbon Based Nanofillers and Their Rubber Nanocomposites: State of the Art, Challenges and Oportunities 2. Synthesis, Characterisation and Applications of Graphenes and Derivatives 3. Chemical Modification and Characterisation of Graphenes 4. Synthesis, Characterisation and Applications of Carbon Nanotubes 5. Chemical modifications and Characterisation of Carbon Nanotubes 6. Synthesis, Characterisation and Applications of Fullerenes 7. Chemical Modification and Characterisation of Fullerenes 8. Synthesis, Characterisation and Applications of Nano Carbon Blacks 9. Chemical Modification and Characterisation of Nano Carbon Blacks 10. Synthesis, Characterisation and Applications of Carbon Nano Fibres 11. Chemical Modification and Characterisation of Carbon Nanofibers 12. Synthesis, Characterisation and Applications of Nano Diamond and its applications 13. Chemical Modification and Characterisation of Nano Diamond 14. Fabrication Methods of Carbon Based Rubber nanocomposites 15. Microscopy Characterization of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers (Confocal and Confocal Raman) 16. FTIR Characterization of Based Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers (NMR and ESR, Raman and Microraman , UV visible and Fluorescence, Dielectric Spectroscopy, XPS, SIMS, Nano SIIMS) 17. SAXS, WAXS, Synchrotron Characterization of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers 18. Thermal properties (DSC, TMA, TGA, DTA) Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers 19. Viscoelastic and Rheological properties of rubber nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers 20. Mechanical properties of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers (Payne effect and Mullins effect of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers) 21. Tribology of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers 22. Ageing of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers 23. Barrier, Diffusion and Transport Properties of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers 24. Applications of Rubber nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers in Tyre Engineering (Applications of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers in Non-tyre Fields, Applications of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers in Flexible Electronics, Applications of Rubber Nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers in EMI Shielding) 25. Theory, Modelling and Simulation of Rubber Nanocompoties Containing Carbon Nano Fillers 26. Life Cycle Analysis of Rubber nanocomposites Containing Carbon Nano Fillers
Mr. Srinivasarao Yaragalla is a Senior Research Scholar at the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. He is engaged in doctoral studies in the area of graphene-based polymer nanocomposites. He has also conducted research work at the Universiti Teknologi MARA in Malaysia. In 2010, Mr. Yaragalla received a prestigious research fellowship administered jointly by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and University Grants Commission of the Government of India. He has published 6 international papers, two book chapters and edited one book to his credit.
Professor Thomas is the Director of the International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology and full professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. He is an outstanding leader with sustained international acclaims for his work in Polymer Science and Engineering, Polymer Nanocomposites, Elastomers, Polymer Blends, Interpenetrating Polymer Networks, Polymer Membranes, Green Composites and Nanocomposites, Nanomedicine and Green Nanotechnology. Dr. Thomas's ground breaking inventions in polymer nanocomposites, polymer blends, green bionanotechnological and nano-biomedical sciences, have made transformative differences in the development of new materials for automotive, space, housing and biomedical fields. Professor Thomas has received a number of national and international awards which include: Fellowship of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Distinguished Professorship from Josef Stefan Institute, Slovenia, MRSI medal, CRSI medal and Sukumar Maithy award. He is in the list of most productive researchers in India and holds a position of No.5. Professor Thomas has published over 720 peer reviewed research papers, reviews and book chapters. He has co-edited 54 books published by Royal Society, Wiley, Wood head, Elsevier, CRC Press, Springer, Nova etc. He is the inventor of 4 patents. The h index of Prof. Thomas is 78 and has more than 26811 citations.Prof. Thomas has delivered over 300 Plenary/Inaugural and Invited lectures in national/international meetings over 30 countries. He has already supervised 74 Ph.D theses.
Dr. Nandakumar Kalarikkal is an Associate Professor at School of Pure and Applied Physics and Joint Director of International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. His research activities involve applications of nanostructured materials, laser plasma, phase transitions, etc. He is the recipient of research fellowships and associateships from prestigious government organizations such as the Department of Science and Technology and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research of Government of India. He has active collaboration with national and international scientific institutions in India, South Africa, Slovenia, Canada, France, Germany, Malaysia, Australia and US. He has more than 130 publications in peer reviewed journals. He has also co-edited 9 books of scientific interest and co-authored many book chapters
Maria, Hanna J
Ms Hanna J. Maria, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Mishra, Raghavendra Kumar
Raghvendra Kumar Mishra has received India's most prestigious Visvesvaraya Research Fellowship(Department Information and Electronics, Govt. of India), and he is currently serving as Visvesvaraya Senior Research Fellow at the International and Inter university Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He has completed his M. Tech. in Materials science and Technology at Indian Institute of Technology (Indian Space Research Organization, India). He has widely studied the processing of blends, in-situ generation micro and nano fibrillar composites, electromagnetic shielding effect of nanocomposites, decorating and alignment of carbon nanotubes and thermal, dynamic mechanical and structural relationship in polymer blends and nanocomposites .He has bagged several awards from different organizations and technology events. He has work as well research experience in Mechanical engineering, Materials science and Technology, and Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. His area of research is multidisciplinary which include Thermodynamics, Heat transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Fluid mechanics, Machine design, Solid of Mechanics, Theory of Machine, Power plant engineering, Metal and Ceramic processing, polymers which include Polymer Recycling, Polymer blends, Fibre filled polymer composites, Particulate filled polymer composites and their morphological characterization, Ageing and degradation, Nanomaterials e.g. metallic , metallic oxide, Carbon nanotubes, Graphene, Conducting polymer blends, composites and nanocomposites, Biodegradable polymer blends and composites, Expertise in sophisticated characterization techniques such as Dynamic mechanical analyzer, Differential scanning calorimetry, Thermogravimetric analysis, Spectroscopy, Vector network analyzer, scanning electron Microcopy, Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), etc.