The Webinar closes discussion of "How to Ensure a Union in Your Workplace" ("What you do not ever want to do in the Workplace").
Objectives of the Presentation
- You will understand the Initial Warning Signs of Union Organizing and be prepared to respond appropriately to employee concerns and questions
- You will understand the 'whys and where for' of the Union Organizer, their logic as to why they do and believe in what they do
- You will be able to communicate effectively to your employees solid reasoning as to How the Union Organizer is the only one who gains if this workforce is unionized. Your employees will understand that "nothing" happens at a bargaining table unless management agrees to it
- You will understand 'What you can do' for example they are your employees you can freely discuss FACTS, OPINIONS and EXAMPLES regarding Unions with your employees!
- You will understand what you cannot do, so your management team will not initiate errors and have the NLRB rule that you must bargain with this Union even though there has not been an election!
- You will be exposed to the dangers of signing an authorization card
- You will gather an understanding of unfair labor practices that potentially your managers may commit
- You will be able to know the intricacies of an NLRB election
- You will understand guidelines of good management outlining the tips, tactics and techniques so that a union organizing campaign is NOT an annual event! Yes an NLRB election CAN be held every 12 months!
Why Should you Attend
This course will delve into the 20 + Initial Warning Signs of Union Organizing, What you can do and What you cannot do, guidelines of good management, dangers of signing the authorization card, The NLRB election, unfair labor practices committed by managers. The information presented in this session will save costs, and time for your organization as managers will be more informed and be prepared to react to their employees concerns and questions, as they strive to remain union free.
Mr Gerry McLaughlin,
Consulting Labor Negotiations Employee Relations ,
Gerry McLaughlin Consulting
Gerry McLaughlin Ms.Industrial & Labor Relations, is the author of "Negotiating the Labor Agreement" His experience is over 40 years of successfully negotiating in excess of500 labor contracts in varied industries as Executive Director and Vice president for Fortune 100 Companies and in areas, such as,: Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecom, Retail,Healthcare/SeniorCare, Food service, Housekeeping/Facilities.
He has negotiated with over 20 National and Local Unions over the last forty years.
He has trained 1000's of Directors,Managers, and Supervisors in Managing a Union Workforce, as well as in "Negotiating the Labor Agreement" a two day intensive On premise seminar with over six hours of "hands on" negotiating the issues of the day, Healthcare costs, Drug testing, Job Security, two hours negotiating effective clausing and culminating in a three hour "Strike or Settle" negotiations of an actual labor contract. Additionally Gerry has conducted over fifty successful Union Campaigns and trained countless managers as to Union Avoidance.
He knows and fully understands:
- How to build and maintain successful relationships with Union Leaders locally and nationally
- Maintain and or Develop existing Managements Rights to ensure the unfettered Right "to run your business" Ensuring successful Workplace policies such as Attendance Plans
- Develop and/or protect consistent Contract language, review and achieve Healthcare savings.His goal is to consistently ensures that clients expectations are exceeded
- Human Resources
- Labor Relations personnel
- Potential Supervisors
- Vice President or any member of the management team with responsibility of managing or interacting with non represented employees will benefit from this workshop.