You'll also learn how to approach identifying the underlying causes of bad behavior, which is an essential first step in correcting these types of problems. You'll also discover the signs for recognizing when behavioral issues represent a problem that isn't going to get solved, which can help you prepare to make informed decisions about whether or not the person's continued employment is in your company's best interest.
Objectives of the Presentation
- Tips to help you determine the underlying causes of negative employee behaviors
- Clarification of the circumstances that allow problem behaviors to develop and continue in organizations, along with how to change things for the better
- Practical tips and advice for communicating effectively with employees who exhibit behavior problems, focused on the end goal of improving results and performance
- How to structure interactions with employees about problem behaviors in a way that meets their needs to bring about the results you need
- Keys to focus discussions on performance factors to clarify behavioral and skill expectations for employees
- Clarifying the importance of consistently following through with consequences for inappropriate behavior in order to reduce unnecessary behavioral problems from being an ongoing problem
- Recognition of ineffective communication patterns between management and employees that perpetuate problem behaviors
- Guidance on the difficult decisions that sometimes have to be made when employees are exhibiting problem behaviors in the workplace
- Strategies for determining underlying causes of negative employee behaviors
- What you can do to change things for the better when possible, and how to recognize when positive change isn't possible
Why Should you Attend
You'll learn practical strategies to help turning around bad behaviors for positive results. This includes how to bring about positive changes that will allow you to spend less time dealing with excuses, whining, constant complaining, and the negative impact problem behaviors can have on the workplace as a whole.
Ms Mary Gormandy White,
MTI Business Solutions
Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SPHR, SHRM-SCP is co-founder of MTI Business Solutions, an Alabama-based business consulting and corporate training firm. Mary specializes in HR, management, leadership and Everything DiSC training and consulting services. She has extensive experience facilitating training in areas related to human resources, management, leadership, communication, customer service, Everything DiSC and more. Mary works with a wide variety of clients throughout the U.S., teaches PHR/SPHR and SHRM-CP/SCP certification preparation courses, is an Everything DiSC certified trainer, and frequently speaks at conferences and association meetings nationwide. Mary is the author of 101 Human Resource Management Tips and 101 Successful PR Campaign Tips in the LifeTips book series and also works as a writer, editor, "HR Matters" blogger and social networking specialist with http://www.LoveToKnow.com. Her professional background includes extensive experience in operations management, HR, training design & development and public relations.