This research summary focuses on how engagement practices are changing, what is most effective, and how generational and technological changes are impacting organizations’ approach to engagement. The study revealed three pillars for engagement success:
- Assessing engagement in itself has little impact. The actions organizations take after assessing engagement are critical to improving organizational key performance.
- Diversify engagement practices based on employee preferences and generational differences.
- Leverage technology and analytics to improve engagement.
The Employee Engagement Practices Survey data comes from HR, talent acquisition, talent management, technology, and business leaders and practitioners from October through December 2017. There were 302 total respondents. Responses represent organizations headquartered in 32 different countries across 37 industries. The most represented industries in the survey were technology/software, consulting, education, manufacturing, and healthcare.
- Demographics - 2018 Employee Engagement Study
- Key Statistics
- 3 Pillars for Success
- What You Do After Assessing Employee Engagement Determines Performance
- Diversify Engagement Practices Based on Employee Preferences
- Leverage Technology to Improve Engagement
- Research Methodology
- About the Publisher
- Authors and Contributors