Navigate the complexity of a vast ecosystem by taking a structured approach to marketing management suite (MMS) selection.
Marketing applications are in high demand, but it is difficult to select a suite that is right for your organization. Market offerings have grown from 50 vendors to over 800 in the past five years. Much of the process of identifying an appropriate vendor is not about the vendor at all, but rather about having a comprehensive understanding of internal needs. There are instances where a smaller-point solution is necessary to satisfy requirements and a full marketing management suite is an overinvestment.
Likewise, a partner with differentiating features such as AI-driven workflows and a mobile software development kit can act as a powerful extension of an overall customer experience management strategy. It is crucial to make the right decision; missing the mark on an MMS selection will have a direct impact on the business’ bottom line.
This research is designed for any organization looking to procure an MMS tool that will allow it to automate its marketing processes or learn more about the MMS vendor landscape.
This research will help you:
1. Understand today’s MMS market, specific to marketing automation, marketing intelligence, and social marketing use-case scenarios.
2. Understand MMS functionality as well as marketing terminology.
3. Follow best practices to prepare for and execute on selection, including requirements gathering and vendor evaluation.
- Time, money, and effort are wasted on channels and campaigns that are not resonating with your customer base.
- Email marketing, social marketing, and/or lead management alone are often not enough to meet more sophisticated marketing needs.
- Many organizations struggle with taking a systematic approach to selection that pairs functional requirements with specific marketing workflows, and as a result they choose a marketing management suite (MMS) that is not well aligned to their needs, wasting resources and causing end-user frustration.
- For IT managers or marketing professionals, the task to incorporate MMS technology into the organization requires not only receiving the buy-in for the MMS investment but also determining the vendor and solution that best fit the organization’s particular marketing management needs.
Our Advice - Critical Insight
- An MMS enables complex campaigns across many channels, product lines, customer segments, and marketing groups throughout the enterprise.
- Selecting an MMS has become increasingly difficult because the number of players in the marketplace has ballooned. Moreover, picking the wrong marketing solution has a direct impact on revenue.
- Determine whether the investment in an MMS is worthwhile or the funds are better allocated elsewhere. For organizations with a large audience or varied product offerings, an MMS enables complex campaigns across many channels, product lines, customer segments, and marketing groups throughout the enterprise.
Impact and Result
- Maximize your success and credibility with a proposal that emphasizes the areas relevant to your situation.
- Perform more effective customer targeting and campaign management. Having an MMS equips marketers with the tools they need to make informed decisions around campaign execution, resulting in better targeting, acquisition, and customer retention. This means more revenue.
- Maximize marketing impact with analytics-based decision making. Understanding users’/customers’ behaviors and preferences will allow you to run effective marketing initiatives.