"Uruguay: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uruguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Uruguayan telecom and pay-TV market will expand at a 1.8% CAGR for the 2017-2022 period in local currency terms (UYU), mainly driven by the increasing demand for mobile data and fixed broadband connectivity services. Mobile data was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017, accounting for 25.9% of the total revenue generated during the year. By 2022, we expect its contribution to total revenue will increase to 39% by 2022 supported by the recent award of spectrum in the 700MHz band.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Uruguay.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Uruguay already has one of the highest 4G/LTE penetration rates in the region, which combined with a high FTTH adoption rate creates a fertile ground for the development of a wide range of digital services in areas such as OTT and IoT applications.
- At year-end 2017, Uruguay was the country in Latin America with the highest broadband penetration, well above the region’s average of 12.3%. This is mainly the result of public investment initiatives and digital inclusion programs carried out over the past several years to improve access to Internet services for the population.
- Uruguay is Latin America’s regional leader in terms of FTTH/B penetration resulting from Antel’s ambitious copper-to-fiber migration initiatives, carried out over the past several years.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Uruguay’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Uruguay’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Uruguay’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Uruguay.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Movistar Uruguay
- Claro Uruguay
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology