The North America vitamin fortified and mineral enriched food & beverage market is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. The United States is a major country in the North America fortified food market.
Fortification is a process of adding a nutrient or ingredient that is not found naturally in that product. In North America, health of women is a major driver for the fortified food industry. Concern regarding bone and pregnancy health is becoming increasingly important for fortified packaged food. Many brands of dairy products and bread focus on bone health, emphasizing calcium content. These products particularly appeal to older American consumers who wish to obtain the maximum quantity of nutrients in their food. Thus, North America plays a vital role in the development of this market, with focus on innovation of ingredients.
North America fortified food industry is segmented based on the ingredients, applications, and geography. The ingredients segment mainly consists of vitamins and minerals, which are further classified as vitamin A, D, C, and iron, iodine, folic acid, and zinc, respectively. By application, the market for fortified food & beverage is segmented as cereals, dairy, confectionery, and infant products, to name the major ones. However, cereals and confectionery are the major market shareholders.
North America is the major market for the vitamin fortified and mineral enriched food industry. Therefore to stimulate growth, manufacturers are working towards varying their formulas to include newly popular ingredients based on consumer demand and market opportunities.
- October 2017 - Ocean Spray rounded its product portfolio of “good for you” juices with new organic 100% juice blend and pure cranberry.
- September 2017 - Campbell Soup owned refrigerated CPG brand Bolthouse Farms announced the launch of its pea-based protein milk.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Study Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Changes in Food Trends and Habits
4.1.2 Growing Health Awareness and Concerns
4.1.3 Increased per Capita Income in Developing Countries
4.2.1 Food Regulatory Issues
4.2.2 High Price of Products
4.3.1 Innovation to Develop New Variety Range
4.3.2 Rising Disease Occurrence Pattern
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Cereals and Cereal-based Products
5.1.2 Milk and Dairy Products
5.1.3 Fats and Oils
5.1.5 Infant Formulas
5.1.6 Others (Flour, Rice, Tea)
5.2 By Ingredients
188.8.131.52 Vitamin A
184.108.40.206 Vitamin C
220.127.116.11 Vitamin D
18.104.22.168 Folic Acid
22.214.171.124 Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past five years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Abbott Laboratories
7.2 Campbell Soup
7.3 General Mills Inc.
7.4 H.J. Heinz
7.5 Hain Food Group Inc.
7.6 Kellogg Company
7.7 Land O Lakes
7.8 Nantucket Allserve Inc.
7.10 Philip Morris Companies Inc.
7.11 Proctor & Gamble
7.12 The Coca-Cola Company
- Abbott Laboratories
- Campbell Soup
- General Mills Inc.
- H.J. Heinz
- Hain Food Group Inc.
- Kellogg Company
- Land O’Lakes
- Nantucket Allserve Inc.
- Philip Morris Companies Inc.
- Proctor & Gamble
- The Coca-Cola Company