The Africa market for food emulsifiers is projected to register an estimated CAGR of 5.0% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The trend for natural emulsifiers opens up huge potential in the emulsifier market, for example beeswax, lanolin, lecithin, and saponin.
Expanding Processed Food Market Driving the Market Growth
A rapidly rising population and greater levels of urbanization, globally, have boosted the demand for processed food products, thus, driving the demand for food ingredients. Food emulsifier manufacturers are seeing increased demand from food manufacturers, for preserving freshness, safety, taste, appearance, and texture of processed foods.
The region is expected to develop in the coming decade, and people could reach middle-income status.
Varied Application of Emulsifiers
By product type, major food manufacturers use lecithin, as it is considered to be non-toxic to humans, and easily enhances the color, flavor, texture, and shelf life of products.
The application in the emulsifier market is very diverse, and each segment holds a valuable share of the market. The demand for natural and nutraceutical products further drives the use of emulsifier in varied food applications.
South Africa to Register CAGR of 5.4% during the Forecast Period
The South African food emulsifier market is growing at a faster pace compared to other countries, as it is one of the high-income countries in the region. The remaining countries, like Nigeria, Algeria, Morocco, and Angola, contribute little to the market revenue of the food emulsifier market in Africa.
Major players - AAK, ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND, BASF, CARGILL INC., DUPONT, INGREDION INC., KERRY GROUP, PALSGAARD, ROYAL DSM, STEPAN COMPANY, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Mono-Di-Glyceride and Derivatives
5.1.3 Sorbitan Ester
5.1.4 Polyglycerol Ester
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Dairy and Frozen Products
5.2.3 Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
5.2.6 Oil and Fat
5.4 By Geography
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Archer Daniels Midland
7.4 Cargill Inc.
7.6 Ingredion Inc.
7.7 Kerry Group
7.9 Royal DSM
7.10 Stepan Company