The soybean derivatives market is expected to rise because of the increasing reinforcement of protein-based ingredients in the formulation of functional food and nutrition supplements. The market for soybean derivatives is projected to be worth USD 265.4 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 7.9%. The market value in 2017 is estimated to be USD 180.3 billion.
The soybean derivatives market lays a significant impact on not only the food and beverage industry, but on other industrial applications, as well. The major force driving the market is the growing consumption of processed foods, marked by growing population and changing lifestyles. Increasing awareness among consumers about health, and huge demand coming from animal feed industry are other major factors driving this market.
There are many opportunities in the market for soybean derivatives, especially in the processed food market growing in the emerging countries. The market is growing due to the high influence of west. The rising economy and the disposable income is another factor adding to the opportunity in the market. Soy Lecithin Allergy is one major restraint for the growth of global soybean derivatives and other factors, like health issues due to excess consumption of processed foods also limit the soybean market growth.
The soybean derivatives market is segmented on the basis of its ingredient type to soybean, soy oil, soy meal, and others, which is further segmented to refined oil, soy milk, etc. The global soybean derivatives market is segmented on the basis of its applications into feed, food, and others (biodiesel, soy-based wood adhesives, soy ink, soy crayons, soy-based lubricants). By processing its divided to water, acid, enzymes, and others. Geographically global soybean market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, and South America.
In 2015, the global soybean derivatives market is estimated to be led by the Asia-Pacific region. The major contribution is by China, which is a major consumer of soybean derivatives. The market globally is growing at a large scale. North America is the second largest region in regards to the applications of the soybean derivatives. The major consumer in North America is USA for its high consumption of processed food.
Key Developments in the Market
- October 2017 - ADM Invests in Production of Non-GMO High-protein Soybean Meal.
- February 2018 - ADM, Cargill to launch soybean joint venture in Egypt. Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) and Cargill have reached agreement to launch a joint venture to provide soybean meal and oil for customers in Egypt. The joint venture would own and operate the National Vegetable Oil Company soy crush facility in Borg Al-Arab, along with related commercial and functional activities, including a separate Switzerland-based merchandising operation that would supply soybeans to the crush plant.
Major players - AG PROCESSING INC., ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND AND COMPANY, BUNGE LTD., CARGILL INC., CHS INC., DUPONT NUTRITION AND HEALTH, LOUIS DREYFUS COMMODITIES B.V, NOBLE GROUP LTD., RUCHI SOYA INDUSTRIES LTD., WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LTD., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Growing consumption of processed foods
3.1.2 Rising global demand for protein fortified foods
3.1.3 Expansion and Investment of oilseed crushing ability
3.2.1 Soy sensitivity to lecithin
3.2.2 Health hazards due to high consumption of processed food
3.3.1 Rising demand for soy food in emerging countries
3.3.2 Market launch for new soybean derivatives
3.3.3 Growing demand for lecithin
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredient Type
4.1.2 Soy Oil
220.127.116.11 Refined Oil
4.1.3 Soy Meal
18.104.22.168 Soy Milk
22.214.171.124 Soy Protein Concentrate
4.2 By Application
126.96.36.199 Swine Feed
188.8.131.52 Poultry Feed
4.3 By Processing
4.4 By Geography
4.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 AG Processing Inc.
6.2 Archer Daniels Midland and Company
6.3 Bunge Ltd.
6.4 Cargill Inc.
6.5 CHS Inc.
6.6 Dupont Nutrition and Health
6.7 Louis Dreyfus Commodities B.V
6.8 Noble Group Ltd.
6.9 Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd.
6.10 Wilmar International Ltd.
- AG Processing Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland and Company
- Bunge Ltd.
- Cargill Inc.
- CHS Inc.
- Dupont Nutrition and Health
- Louis Dreyfus Commodities B.V
- Noble Group Ltd.
- Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd.
- Wilmar International Ltd.