The global sodium reduction ingredients market is expected to register a CAGR of about 10% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The demand for sodium reduction ingredients is growing, due to increase in health & wellness awareness and rising cardio diseases. The global food ingredient manufacturers lead the sodium reduction ingredients market with their strong technical expertise, customer base, distribution network, geographical presence, and wide product portfolio. Cargill Inc. was one of the dominant players in 2017, with its innovative product offerings in the mineral salts segment.
Growing demand for health nutrition food products, paired with the rising consumer awareness about harmful effects of excess sodium intake, is driving the global sodium reduction ingredients market. Additionally, government and private company intervention to increase the public awareness, about the harmful effect of excess sodium intake and rising demand for processed food (which contains salt more than any other food products) among people, is further expected to increase the demand for sodium reduction ingredients to some extent.
However, changing tastes and preferences of people, toward products with reduced sodium content from food containing high levels of salt, are the major challenge faced by this market.
Changing consumer consumption trends, toward healthy nutritious food products, is fueling up product penetration and the purchasing power of individuals. This is providing an opportunity to the market players to invest in this market. Further, increasing R&D activities, to develop better ingredients, is expected to provide a competitive advantage to market participants.
The global sodium reduction ingredients market has been segmented on the basis of product type, application, and geography. Potassium chloride (KCL) is the most preferred sodium reduction ingredient among all mineral salts, due its similar taste profile as that of salt (sodium chloride).
North America is the largest market for sodium reduction ingredients, due to high consumption of sodium in the region. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market for sodium reduction ingredients.
- March 2018 - Salt of the Earth Ltd. helped companies to reduce sodium with Mediterranean Umami. It is a proprietary blend of vegetable concentrates and extracts, plus natural sea salt rich in umami flavor compounds. It helps enhance flavor and contributes to an overall savory flavor profile, giving products a more desirable taste, along with reducing the use of salt.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
22.214.171.124 Increasing Awareness among the Consumers
126.96.36.199 Growing Demand from the Food Processing Industry
188.8.131.52 Governmental Support Activities
184.108.40.206 High Cost of Reformulation
220.127.116.11 Low Adoption Rate
18.104.22.168 New Product Developments
22.214.171.124 Growing Opportunities from Untapped Developing Markets
4.2.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Buyers
184.108.40.206 Threat of New Entrants
220.127.116.11 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
18.104.22.168 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Amino Acids & Glutamates
5.1.2 Mineral Salts
22.214.171.124 Potassium Chloride
126.96.36.199 Magnesium Sulphate
188.8.131.52 Potassium Lactate
184.108.40.206 Calcium Chloride
5.1.3 Yeast Extracts
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Bakery & Confectionery
5.2.2 Condiments, Seasonings & Sauces
5.2.3 Dairy & Frozen Foods
5.2.4 Meat & Meat Products
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Advanced Food Systems Inc.
7.2 Angel Yeast Co. Ltd.
7.3 Cambrian Solutions Inc.
7.4 Carbery Group
7.5 Cargill Inc.
7.6 Dr. Paul Lohmann Gmbh KG
7.7 El Du Pont De Nemours & Co. (Danisco A/S)
7.8 Givaudan SA
7.9 Jungbunzlauer Suisse Ag
7.10 Kerry Group PLC
- Advanced Food Systems Inc.
- Angel Yeast Co. Ltd.
- Cambrian Solutions Inc.
- Carbery Group
- Cargill Inc.
- Dr. Paul Lohmann Gmbh KG
- El Du Pont De Nemours & Co. (Danisco A/S)
- Givaudan SA
- Jungbunzlauer Suisse Ag
- Kerry Group PLC