Global malt ingredient market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.1 %, during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Malt has been traditionally used for beer making through fermentation, along with whisky, which is driving the demand of malt. Malt ingredients are used in the food industry as food additives, which impart desirable flavor and color to the finished product.
The malt ingredient market is driven by the increased consumption of alcoholic beer and alcoholic drinks across the globe. The market is highly consolidated with regional domestic, as well as, international players. The demand in developing regions is driven by the increase in disposable income. Malt ingredients are used in bakery and confectionery products as it imparts color and flavor to the finished products. The growth can also be attributed to the increase in the spending capacity of buyers in the region. The major opportunities are the increasing demand for all natural food products and the rising demand for ready-to-eat and packaged food.
Global malt ingredient market has been segmented by ingredient type, source type, application type, and commercial grade type and by geography. Malt produced from malting grains is available in various forms, such as malt, malt flour, dried malt extract, liquid malt extract, and kibbled malt, malt flakes, malt vinegar, malt syrup, and others. Malt and malt flour hold the largest share of the market due to their direct consumption for beer, whisky, and beverages manufacturing. Alcoholic beverage industries have a direct contract with the malt suppliers for two-row, four-row, and six-row malt grains or for malt flours, which create an unbeatable demand in the market. Barley holds the largest market share due to its preferable malt consumption in the beverage industry. It has unique enzyme property that makes it dominant over other grains.
North America and Europe dominate the market with their massive production of brewery and malt products. Europe malt export accounts for about 60% of the global malted barley. Moreover, the market is fully captured by various small domestic companies, marking a significant position in the market. Asia-Pacific is growing at a fast rate, driven by beer consumption in China. China and Australia have dominant positions in Asia-Pacific, which has created a huge demand for the import of malt ingredients.
- November 2017- Boortmalt announced to expand its malting capacity in Athy, Co. Kildare, by 30,000t to continue providing its Irish brewing and distilling customers with a 100% Irish supply chain.
- October 2015 - Puremalt announced to expand its presence after securing 4.5 million EURO from HSBC. The firm will now roast 6,000 tonnes of malt on site each year, providing a key ingredient in 1,400 branded product lines.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 Dynamic Growth in the Beer Industry with Introduction of Light and Craft Beers
22.214.171.124 Innovation of New Exotic and Consumer Oriented Products
126.96.36.199 Increased Application of Malt in Food Products and Flavors Such as Biscuits,
Malt Milk Food
188.8.131.52 Consolidated Market Majorly in Malt Producing Countries
184.108.40.206 Government Taxes on Imported Malt
220.127.116.11 Growing Trend of Health Awareness in Developing Regions
3.1.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Buyers
126.96.36.199 Threat of New Entrants
188.8.131.52 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
184.108.40.206 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredient Type
4.1.2 Dried Malt extract
4.1.3 Liquid Malt extract
4.1.4 Malt Syrup
4.1.5 Malt Flours
4.1.6 Kibbled Malt/Flakes
4.1.7 Malt Vinegar
4.2 By Source Type
4.2.6 Others (Corn, etc.)
4.3 By Application
4.3.5 Beverages (Non-Alcoholic)
4.4 By Grade Type
4.4.1 Standard Malt (Base Malt)
4.4.2 Specialty Malt
4.5 By Geography
4.5.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of APAC
4.5.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Bairds Malt Ltd.
6.2 Cargill Inc.
6.3 Crisp Malting Group Ltd.
6.5 Imperial Malts Limited
6.6 Malteries Soufflet
6.7 Malteurop Group
6.8 Muntons Malt Plc.
6.11 Simpsons Malt Ltd.