The global gluconic acid and its derivatives market was valued at USD 642.68 million in 2017, and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.5%, during forecast period.
The major driver for the market is its wide application in the food and pharmaceutical market, innovation in technology, economic biotechnological production process, the increased demand for biodegradable acid and environmental concerns. In addition to other production processes of gluconic acid, biotech fermentation process has proved to be a boon for manufacturers, which has increased market growth of gluconic acid and its derivatives. However, there are some restraining factors for the market, such as high capital requirement and production costs. The raw material required for production is glucose, which is costly as compared to other carbon source and thus, increases the production cost.
Global gluconic acid market is segmented by type into gluconic acid, glucono delta lactone, sodium salt of gluconic acid, calcium salt of gluconic acid and others, which include iron, zinc, and copper and potassium salts of gluconic acid. Sodium gluconate and glucono delta lactone have the major market due to its increased demand in food, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. Market segmentation by application type includes food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, agriculture, and others. Food consists of the largest market share due to its high use as an acidulant in the meat processing industry. In addition, its medicinal application in pharmaceuticals, such as in calcium therapy and treatment of anemia has led pharmaceuticals to become the fastest growing segment in the application type.
The global consumption of gluconic acid is increasing driven by its applications demand and technological production. The production of gluconic acid is very high in some regions while some regions depend on import of gluconic acid to meet the domestic demand. The market segmentation by geography includes the regions North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Africa. Europe and Asia pacific are the major market of gluconic acid. China dominates the global gluconic acid market by largest share while Japan and the Netherlands are the fastest growing countries.
- February 2017 - Jungbunzlauer in collaboration with Green Biologics Inc. announced to lead the production of bio-based plasticizers. The opportunity for bio-based plasticizers in personal care, healthcare, bio-polymers, and many other industrial applications is immense.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Demand of Environment Friendly Biodegradable Products
4.1.2 Economic Biotechnological Production Boosted the Industrial Demand
4.2.1 High Capital & Raw Material Cost
4.2.2 Unfeasible Downstream Processing
4.3.1 Growing Demand of Organic Acids
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Gluconic Acid
5.1.2 Glucono Delta Lactone
5.1.3 Sodium Salt of Gluconic Acid
5.1.4 Calcium Salt of Gluconic Acid
5.1.5 Others (Iron, Copper, Zinc, Potassium)
5.2 By Application
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of APAC
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 AK Scientific Inc.
7.2 Alfa Chemistry
7.7 PMP Inc.
7.9 Sigma Aldrich
7.10 TCI Chemicals