Europe lactic acid market is expected to escalate at a value CAGR of 7.7%, during the forecast period. Lactic acid is a weak organic acid, which is obtained after the fermentation of carbohydrates by the lactic acid bacteria species. It is then separated and purified to get the pure D (+) or L (-) lactic acid. Lactic acid has become a key additive for food & beverage industries.
The European Commission has proposed lactic acid as an “extra” safety tool to reduce further trace microbial contamination on bovine carcasses. Increased usage of lactic acid into masking poor hygiene practices in slaughterhouses. This is expected to be the major driver for the growth of European lactic acid market in European region. Lactic acid is safe, 100% natural and biodegradable and the consumers across the region are getting aware of its excellent and cost effective performance, which has given all the major companies in the market to safely expand their production to meet the growing demand of lactic acid in the market. Increasing population, high purchasing power, and growing awareness, as well as changing perception towards healthy features of natural products are propelling the demand and consumption of organic acids across Europe. Government regulations and restrictions on the use of chemicals as preservatives in food, feed, and agriculture industries is boosting the demand for lactic acid in Europe.
Lactic acid market are distributed in different segment on the application type, source type, and by geography. Market segmentation on the application type includes meat, poultry and fish, dairy, beverages, fruits and vegetables, and bakery and confectionery. Dairy and meat products applications consists of high demand among others in application segment. The market segmentation on the source type consists of natural and synthetic source. The natural source type is further sub-segmented into milk source or plant source. The natural production of lactic acid dominates the market while the synthetic production is less common due to its sustainable factor. Lactic acid is more commonly used as pH regulator in various foods and as an antimicrobial agent in meat and poultry products.
In Europe the market of lactic acid are stable and is moderately growing. Netherland and Denmark are the major export market of lactic acid in Europe. Despite the stable production of lactic acid in the region the market is dependent on import.
- September 2015 - Corbion set up Spanish plant received approval for L-lactic acid production for biocidal products.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
22.214.171.124 Increased Usage in Masking Poor Hygienic Practices
126.96.36.199 Supporting Government Regulations
188.8.131.52 High Production Cost Comparative to Other Regions, like Brazil
184.108.40.206 Stringent Competition in the Market
220.127.116.11 Sustainable Production of Lactic Acid
4.2.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Buyers
126.96.36.199 Threat of New Entrants
188.8.131.52 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
184.108.40.206 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Meat, Poultry, and Fish
5.1.5 Fruits and Vegetable
5.2 By Source
5.2.1 Natural Source
220.127.116.11 Dairy source
18.104.22.168 Plant source
5.2.2 Synthetic source
5.3 By Geography
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.6 Henan Jindan Lactic Acid Co., Ltd.
7.7 Kemin Industries Ltd.
7.9 NingXia Hypow Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.
7.10 Prinova Europe Limited