The Asia-Pacific sodium reduction ingredient market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.0%, during the forecast period from 2018 to 2023. While demand for mineral salts, as SRI is the largest in Asia-Pacific, is cornering over 50% of the share estimated in 2016, the fastest growth is expected from yeast extracts.
Excessive intake of sodium leads to a number of adverse health effects, hypertension being foremost among them. Alleviating these conditions to some extent has been possible through the use of SRI, such as mineral salts, amino acids, and yeast extracts. Versatility in its application has provided the requisite impetus to these health-promoting products.
Some of the major factors driving demand for SRI include the greater emphasis on health nutrition, the growing knowledge with regard to the detrimental effects of excessive intake of salt, improvement in taste, and increased demand for processed foods.
The SRI market is segmented by type into amino acids & glutamates, mineral salts, yeast extracts, and others. By application, it is segmented into bakery & confectionery, condiments, seasonings & sauces, dairy & frozen foods, meat & meat products, and other snacks. By application, largest consumption of SRI has been observed in meats and meat products, followed by snacks, with these two areas also expected to grow fast.
The share of Asia-Pacific in the global market for SRI is relatively small but the demand for these products in the region is likely to witness a rapid growth as countries, such as China and India, with a large population of hypertensive individuals that have been advised to either cut down on or completely eliminate their sodium intake would be instrumental in propelling growth for SRI. China is the largest, and also the fastest growing market for SRI in Asia-Pacific.
- January 2018 - Cargill has opened its first food grade potassium chloride operation plant to meet increasing consumer demand for lower sodium food options.
- January 2016 - ADM new sodium reduction ingredients for use in meat applications, after combining its flavor expertise and meat capabilities.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 Health & Wellness Campaigns Increasing Awareness amongst the Consumers
220.127.116.11 Growing Demand from the Food Processing Industry
18.104.22.168 Identification of New Flavor Enhancing Ingredients
22.214.171.124 Cost Implications and Ingredient Combinations
126.96.36.199 Low Adoption Rate
188.8.131.52 Stringent Regulatory Framework
184.108.40.206 Innovation in Product Applications
220.127.116.11 Growing Opportunities from Untapped Developing Markets
4.2.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Buyers
126.96.36.199 Threat of New Entrants
188.8.131.52 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
184.108.40.206 Degree of Competition
4.2.5 Value & Supply Chain Analysis
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Amino Acids & Glutamates
5.1.2 Mineral Salts
220.127.116.11 Potassium Chloride
18.104.22.168 Magnesium Sulphate
22.214.171.124 Potassium Lactate
126.96.36.199 Calcium Chloride
5.1.3 Yeast Extracts
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Bakery & Confectionery
5.2.2 Condiments, Seasonings & Sauces
5.2.3 Dairy & Frozen Foods
5.2.4 Meat & Meat Products
5.3 By Geography
188.8.131.52 Rest of APAC
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Angel Yeast Co. Ltd.
7.4 Bunge Ltd.
7.5 Cargill Inc.
7.6 Danisco A/S
7.7 Kerry Group
7.8 Novozymes A/S
7.9 Purac Biochem BV
7.10 Royal DSM NV
7.11 Tate & Lyle Plc.