The Europe sodium reduction ingredient market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2023. The demand for these products in the region is likely to witness a rapid growth as countries, such as UK and Germany with a large population of hypertensive individuals that have been advised to either cut down on or completely eliminate their sodium intake would be instrumental in propelling growth for SRI.
Versatility in its application has provided the requisite impetus to these health-promoting products. By product type, South Americas market for mineral salts is the largest, while fastest growth in demand is expected to be posted by yeast extracts. Snacks and meat products corner the largest combined share of SRI in the region, which are also forecasted as the fastest growing application areas. Some of the major factors driving demand for SRI include the greater emphasis on health nutrition, the growing knowledge with regard to the detrimental effects of excessive intake of salt, improvement in taste, and increased demand for processed foods.
The European SRI market is segmented by type into amino acids & glutamates, mineral salts, yeast extracts, and others. By application, it is segmented into bakery & confectionery, condiments, seasonings & sauces, dairy & frozen foods, meat & meat products, and other snacks. By application, largest consumption of SRI has been observed in meats and meat products, followed by snacks, with these two areas also expected to grow fast.
Europe is slated to emerge as the fastest growing global market for SRI, with the prospect of posting a CAGR of over 12%, during the forecast period, 2018-2023. Germany and the United Kingdom are the two largest regional markets for SRI in Europe, with a collective share of nearly 50% as estimated in 2017.
- January 2018 - Cargill opened its first food grade potassium chloride operation plant to meet increasing consumer demand for lower sodium food options.
- January 2016 - ADM new sodium reduction ingredients for use in meat applications, after combining its flavor expertise and meat capabilities.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Health & Wellness Campaigns Increasing Awareness amongst the Consumers
184.108.40.206 Growing Demand from the Food Processing Industry
220.127.116.11 Identification of New Flavor Enhancing Ingredients
18.104.22.168 Cost Implications and Ingredient Combinations
22.214.171.124 Low Adoption Rate
126.96.36.199 Stringent Regulatory Framework
188.8.131.52 Innovation in Product Applications
184.108.40.206 Growing Opportunities from Untapped Developing Markets
4.2.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Buyers
22.214.171.124 Threat of New Entrants
126.96.36.199 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
188.8.131.52 Degree of Competition
4.2.5 Value & Supply Chain Analysis
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Amino Acids & Glutamates
5.1.2 Mineral Salts
184.108.40.206 Potassium Chloride
220.127.116.11 Magnesium Sulphate
18.104.22.168 Potassium Lactate
22.214.171.124 Calcium Chloride
5.1.3 Yeast Extracts
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Bakery & Confectionery
5.2.2 Condiments, Seasonings & Sauces
5.2.3 Dairy & Frozen Foods
5.2.4 Meat & Meat Products
5.3 By Geography
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Angel Yeast Co. Ltd.
7.4 Bunge Ltd.
7.5 Cargill Inc.
7.6 Danisco A/S
7.7 Kerry Group
7.8 Novozymes A/S
7.9 Ohly Americas
7.10 Purac Biochem BV
7.11 Royal DSM NV
7.12 Tate & Lyle Plc.