The Asia-Pacific carrageenan market was worth USD 244.2 million in 2016 and is estimated to register a CAGR of 6%, during the forecast period 2018-2023. Carrageenan has a wide demand due to its wide use as an ingredient and additive in food, personal care, pharmaceuticals, and other industrial applications.
Philippines is the largest producer of semi-refined carrageenan in Asia-Pacific contributing to over 75% sales in Asia. Many companies have set up shop in Philippines on account of high cultivation rate of Carrageenan and low cost of labor.
Carrageenan is mostly produced in the Asia-Pacific region. Growth in demand of processed foods, low fat meat, and emerging pharmaceutical industry are the driving factors for carrageenan in the Asia-Pacific region. Also, heavy demand for carrageenan is being observed from the cosmetic producers and other regions.
However, certain factors posing as a hindrance to the growth of the Asia-Pacific carrageenan market - its adverse effect on health, such as gastrointestinal and inflammatory ailments. Moreover, substitutes of carrageenan is growing in the market which can further act as a restraint in the growth of Asia-Pacific carrageenan market.
The growing demand for carrageenan in the food & beverage sector, pharmaceutical industries, and others opens up huge opportunity for the Asia-Pacific carrageenan market. Moreover, increased export demand from regions, like North America and Europe as a result of changing life style and shift towards processed food further opens up new opportunities for carrageenan producers in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Asia-Pacific carrageenan market is segmented on the basis of type, application, grade, source, and region. Kappa is the most used carrageenan, as it acts as a stabilizer, emulsifier, and bodying agent in cheese, chocolate, ice cream, and puddings.
Indonesia is the second largest carrageenan producer with a market value of USD 112.4 million in 2016. China is a major exporter of carrageenan to the US and Europe.
- September 2013 - Cargill launched new generation of refined carrageenan. Satiagel carrageenan range provides superior performance for dairy and confectionery manufacturers and is versatile, cost competitive and sustainable.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Analysis
3.1 Seaweed Industry Trend
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growth in Consumption of Processed Food
4.1.2 Growth in Demand from Pharmaceutical Industry
4.1.3 Increased Consumption of Low Fat Meat Products
4.1.4 Increasing Preference for Carrageenan in Cosmetic Products
4.2.1 Public Fears over Health Issues - Links to GI Tract Inflammation
4.3.1 Growing Processed Food Consumption
4.3.2 Rise in Demand from other Regions
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Types
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Food Industry
188.8.131.52 Pet Food
5.2.2 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.2.3 Cosmetics Industry
5.3 By Grade
5.3.1 Refined Carrageenan (E-407)
5.3.2 Semi Refined Carrageenan (E-407a)
5.4 By Seaweed Source
5.5 By Region
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
7.1 ACCEL Carrageenan Corporation
7.3 CP Kelco
7.4 Devson Impex Pvt. Ltd.
7.5 FMC Corp
7.6 Ina Food Industry Co. Ltd.
7.7 Kosher Carrageenan
7.8 Marcle Carrageenan
7.9 MCPI Corporation
7.10 Quest International Philippines Corp.
7.11 Seatech Carrageenan Company
7.12 SELT- MG
7.13 Shemberg Corporation
7.14 TBK Manufacturing Corporation
7.15 W Group Inc.
7.16 Zamboanga Manufacturing Corp
- ACCEL Carrageenan Corporation
- CP Kelco
- Devson Impex Pvt. Ltd.
- FMC Corp
- Ina Food Industry Co. Ltd.
- Kosher Carrageenan
- Marcle Carrageenan
- MCPI Corporation
- Quest International Philippines Corp.
- Seatech Carrageenan Company
- SELT- MG
- Shemberg Corporation
- TBK Manufacturing Corporation
- W Group Inc
- Zamboanga Manufacturing Corp