The South American insoluble dietary fibers market has been estimated at USD 245.3 million by 2017 and is projected to reach USD 415.4 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 9.3%, during the forecast period of 2018 - 2023. Insoluble dietary fibers have multi-disciplinary uses, some of which include being employed as bulking agents in reduced-sugar applications, as an effective moisture manger in fat replacing, as a tool for incorporating texture, and as a natural antioxidant. They also have an extensive use as a bulking agent in the bakery industry, which accounts to 31.0% of the total market share
Health oriented food products are being actively marketed in South America. The preference towards healthy food with high insoluble dietary fiber content and which benefits the origin of Sweet potato, a high insoluble fiber content in the skin, is from South America. Proposed by the Bolivian government, and by the strong support of Central and South American countries, Quinoa, an insoluble fiber rich food has been singled out by the FAO as a food with high nutritive value. Also, it is largely grown in
South America, Peru being the highest producer followed by Bolivia.
Rising health concerns and demand for quality food is mainly driving the insoluble dietary fiber market in South America. And also, the increase in the purchase power of the consumers and awareness on the benefits of fiber intake is further driving the South American insoluble dietary fibers market. The lack of awareness in most of the regions of South America is a hindrance to the growth of the market. Also, the developing regions provide a platform for the companies to increase their market share and contribute to the development of the region.
South America insoluble dietary fiber market is segmented based on Function type, Product type, and by Application, and again into bulking agent, fat replacer, and texturing agent under function type. The Bulking agent having the highest market share followed by the Fat-replacing agents. On the base of type of insoluble dietary fiber, it can be segmented as Cellulose, Hemi Cellulose, Chitin, Chitosan, Lignin, and resistant starch. These fibers find several applications in Bakery food, Confectioneries, in Meat industry etc.
Brazil has the highest market share in South America followed by Argentina and other smaller countries in the continent. The increasing disposable incomes, health consciousness is driving the insoluble dietary fibers market in Brazil.
- April 2017 - Ingredion Incorporated, a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, launched a new line of low cost-in-use dietary fibers for manufactures wanting to easily add fiber to foods - the NOVELOSE™.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Western Influence and Awareness of Health Benefits from Dietary Fibers in Developing Countries
4.1.2 High Demand For Processed and Convenience Foods in Western Countries
4.1.3 Increasing Demand for Fiber Supplements to Fulfil Nutritional Requirement Globally
4.2.1 Delayed and Inconsistent Regulatory Standards for Approval
4.2.2 Technical Difficulties Pertaining To Reactivity and Stability
4.3.1 Higher Incidence of Application in Weight Management and Healthcare Industry
4.3.2 Identification of New Active Ingredients
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Function Type
5.1.1 Bulking agent
5.1.2 Fat Replacer
5.1.3 Texturing agent
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.3 Chitin & Chitosan
5.2.5 Resistant starch
5.3 By Application
5.3.5 Pasta & Soups
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.2 Cargill Inc.
7.3 E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
7.4 Fibrisol Service Limited
7.5 Grain Processing Corporation
7.6 Ingredion Incorporated
7.7 J. Rettenmaier & Söhne Gmbh & Co. Kg
7.8 Roquette Frères
7.9 Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co. Ltd.
7.10 Südzucker Ag
7.11 Sunopta, Inc.
7.12 Taiyo Lucid Pvt. Ltd.
7.13 Tate & Lyle PLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Cargill Inc.
- E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
- Fibrisol Service Limited
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Ingredion Incorporated
- J. Rettenmaier & Söhne Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Roquette Frères
- Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co. Ltd.
- Südzucker Ag
- Sunopta Inc.
- Taiyo Lucid Pvt. Ltd.
- Tate & Lyle PLC