Consumers allergic to dairy products are keenly looking for dairy alternatives with huge amount of nutrients, vitamins, and calcium. Owning to this need, Europe dairy alternative market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 14.5%, during the forecast period, 2018-2023.
The German non-dairy drinks market has overtaken the British market to become the largest in Europe. High growth is observed in the German market because of stores launching non-dairy drinks under their own private labels. A number of new entrants have entered into the German market since 2001, causing a large rise in domestic production. The largest market for chilled soya milk, a variant of dairy alternative is the UK.
Dairy alternative has become a growing need for consumers who are allergic to conventional milk and milk products. The European dairy alternative market is driven by the change in lifestyles and eating patterns of the consumers in Europe. In the recent times, UK, Spain, Italy, and Germany are observing high demand for dairy alternatives, majorly due to increasing disposable incomes, environmental concerns, and rising number of people with dairy allergies.
However, the cost related to the dairy alternative products hinders the growth of the market in the European region. Moreover, lack of protein and cross contamination of raw materials in dairy alternative products further pose a threat to European dairy alternative market.
The demand for dairy alternative beverages in Europe has widened in recent years. The manufacturers in Europe focus on new product developments with new launches that include fresh soy drinks and hemp drinks etc. The mainstream retailers have recorded the maximum sale of dairy alternative beverages. European sales of soya milk and non-dairy drinks are expanding by over 20% per year. High market growth rates can be achieved by product innovations and substantial consumer demand for healthy beverages.
Europe dairy alternative market is segmented on the basis of type, application, distribution channel and geography. Soy milk is one of the trending products in dairy alternative now-a-days as it comes in a variety of flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, and others. Further, Almond milk is projected to showcase high growth rate during the forecast period.
The European dairy alternatives market is dominated by UK, with the overall market share of over 36% followed by France and Spain.
- February 2018 - Spanish company SoriaNatural has headed into the dairy alternative sector with an entirely new product-a canary grass seed drink. It is a natural addition to its existing range of products owing to its health benefits like high protein content, low fat and others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Market Definition
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Increase in lactose Intolerance and Milk Allergic Population
3.3.2 Nutritional Values of Plant Based Dairy Alternatives
3.3.3 Changed Lifestyle Causing Obesity and Gastrointestinal Problems
3.4.1 High Pricing of Dairy Alternatives as Compared to Dairy Based Products
3.4.2 Lack of Protein and Cross Contamination of Raw Materials
3.5.1 Innovative Marketing Practices and Creating Awareness
3.5.2 Increasing Demand from Developing Countries
3.6 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.6.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
3.6.3 Degree of Competition
3.6.4 Threat of Substitution
3.6.5 Threat of new entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Soy Milk
4.1.2 Almond Milk
4.1.3 Coconut Milk
4.1.4 Rice Milk
4.1.5 Others (hemp milk, oat milk, cashew milk, hazelnut milk)
4.2 By Application
4.4. By Sales Channel
4.4.1 Super Markets
4.4.3 Convenience Store
4.4.4 Online Channel
4.5. By Region
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by Key Players
5.3 Most Active Companies
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.2 Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
6.3 Daiya Foods Inc.
6.4 Earths Own Food Company Inc.
6.5 Eden Foods Inc.
6.6 Freedom Foods Group Ltd.
6.7 Nutriops S.L.
6.8 Panos Brands LLC.
6.9 Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
6.10 Sunopta Inc.
6.11 The Hain Celestial Group Inc.
6.12 The WhiteWave Foods Company
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
- Daiya Foods Inc.
- Earths Own Food Company Inc.
- Eden Foods Inc.
- Freedom Foods Group Ltd.
- Nutriops S.L.
- Panos Brands LLC.
- Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
- Sunopta Inc.
- The Hain Celestial Group Inc.
- The WhiteWave Foods Company