The North America food coating ingredients market is expected to witness a CAGR of 4.78%, during the forecast period (2018 - 2023). North America is one of the largest market for food coating ingredients. The region is characterized by high-income population, hectic lifestyles, and huge demand for convenience foods and ready to eat products. The US is the largest market for food coating ingredients, followed by Canada.
Coating of food commodities helps to address the growing need of increasing the shelf life amidst increasing food trade, enhancing the organoleptic attributes, and maintaining the overall quality. The enormous fast food industry in North America demands a large number of coated food ingredients. The stringent regulatory framework especially for the approval of novel food coating ingredients is acting as a restraint to North America food coating ingredients market.
The North America food coating ingredients market is segmented based on type, application, and country. There is substantial growth of confectionery and ready-to-eat meat products particularly from the bakery segment. The growing popularity of confections among North Americans has been primarily driving the food coating markets in this region. Flours, one of the leading coating category has rapidly expanded its scope from its traditional application in bakery and confectionery to processed meat products, especially the fast food segment.
Based on aforementioned regional trend, confectionery application is one of the leading segment and is expected to register robust growth across the forecast period. The region has also exhibited strong demands for low-saturated based nutritional coating for confections, this has prompted manufacturers to provide high quality value added nutritional coatings that are in compliance with regulatory requirements, at the same time not compromising on the flavor constituents of final coated products.
- July 2017 - General Mills has published a patent for reducing sugars in the coating of ready-to-eat cereals without changing their texture, appearance, or bowl life.
- October 2017 - Elmshorn-based Capol GmbH, a Business Unit of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, acquired Colarome to strengthen North American position.
- February 2018 - Newly Weds Foods, Inc., a maker of food coatings, seasonings, and functional ingredients for the food processing and food service industries, has acquired Mullins Food Products.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Overview & Dynamics
4.2.1 High Demand from Fast Food Industry
4.2.2 Demand for Convenience and Ready to Eat Products
4.3.1 Stringent Regulatory Norms
4.4.1 Expanding Scope in Fruits and Vegetables Market
4.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Cocoa and Chocolates
5.1.2 Fats and Oils
5.1.3 Spices and Seasonings
5.1.5 Batter and Crumbs
5.1.8 Sugars and Syrups
5.2 By Application
5.2.3 RTE Cereals
5.2.4 Snack and Nutrition Bar
5.2.6 Frozen Foods
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Major Strategies Preferred by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
7.2 Agrana Beteiligungs-AG
7.3 Ashland Inc.
7.4 Balchem Corporation
7.6 Cargill Incorporated
7.8 DU Pont
7.9 Ingredion Incorporated
7.10 Kerry Group PLC
7.11 PGP International, Inc.
7.12 Sensoryeffects Ingredient Solutions
7.13 Tate & Lyle PLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
- Agrana Beteiligungs-AG
- Ashland Inc.
- Balchem Corporation
- Cargill Incorporated
- DU Pont
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Kerry Group PLC
- PGP International Inc.
- Sensoryeffects Ingredient Solutions
- Tate & Lyle PLC